Click from Transmission Tunnel when in drive and Brake applied prior to selecting a drive position.

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
GGM1419

Click from Transmission Tunnel when in drive and Brake applied prior to selecting a drive position.

Post by GGM1419 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:08 pm

13 Plate Juke automatic. When the car is in P and I press the brake pedal before selecting the drive position, there is a loud click from the transmission tunnel :o . Haven't heard it before as I recall, sounds like a solenoid or similar. Otherwise car drives fine. Doesn't happen when in any other drive positions. Have any other members experienced this and can shed any light on it ? Thanks :D

vexorg

Re: Click from Transmission Tunnel when in drive and Brake applied prior to selecting a drive position.

Post by vexorg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Many cars have a lock that stops you moving the gearshift without pressing the brake pedal. Not sure what the juke has.

GGM1419

Re: Click from Transmission Tunnel when in drive and Brake applied prior to selecting a drive position.

Post by GGM1419 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Thanks for your reply Vexorg but I don't recall this happening previously or hearing the click. The car is an automatic so to apply the brake pedal before selecting the particular drive is normal. Doesn't seem to be any problem with the car's operation or performance but perplexing.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”