Fault with heater?

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
kingers

Fault with heater?

Post by kingers » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:18 am

I have had my Tekna dci 4 months now and really enjoy the car however, I have noticed that when I shut off the heater, I still get hot air into the cabin. I have tried all scenarios and currently leave it in recirculation mode and keep it on the windscreen when not in use.
I booked it in with my Nissan dealer and took their senior technician out in it on Monday morning to show him the fault. I explained that the faster you drive, the more heat is forced into the cabin. He noticed the problem and said he had not come across this before. He went to have a word with one of the mechanics who owns a Juke to see if this is "normal"? Came back to me unsure and said they would check some other Jukes this week and would be in touch. I reminded him that the engine needs to be up to temperature to test, I have heard nothing since, so shall pop in Monday. In the meantime I thought I would sound you guys out. Sounds like a flap is not shutting off correctly but technician said if this is the case, dashboard would have to come out

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Deks

Fault with heater?

Post by Deks » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 am

I think you have to shut the a/c completely off as turning the fan speed down doesn't shut the system down.

It's not something that I have paid any attention to but it has cropped up before and I am sure that when others log on they will be able to give you better advice.

acrorat

Fault with heater?

Post by acrorat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:36 am

If you have set the aircon to re-circulate, then it will re-circulate, which explains why air is blowing.Try switching everything off, that is, no lights against ANY of the airflow settings, including inside/outside air.Then see if the problem still exists.
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

kingers

Fault with heater?

Post by kingers » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, just to clarify....hot air flows into the cabin with all heater controls off including air con.

Anyone else had this

calediablo

Fault with heater?

Post by calediablo » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Turn hearing to cold if it blows cold then urvheater deffinately knackered

izziddinamr

Fault with heater?

Post by izziddinamr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 am

i have that problem too i bought the car from week ago ... my dealer said that its a programming fault we should get a fix for that asp !!

acrorat

Fault with heater?

Post by acrorat » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:16 am

Welcome to the forum!And thanks for that information, always good to have more input.
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

kingers

Fault with heater?

Post by kingers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Popped in to Nissan today, had a word about "re-programming the heater" and was told that you cannot do this as it is not controlled by any on board computers .Checked to see if it blows cold air and yes,it does Therefore knackered????Still think it's just a fault with a control flap passing by, but technician still waiting to test when one is available (must have been 15 in the carpark!!!)Will call back next week if no response from Nissan and shall keep you posted on outcome.

kingers

Fault with heater?

Post by kingers » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Up date as promised...Juke went into Nissan workshop yesterday. Before work started I was made aware that if during the investigation, they find any foreign objects causing flaps to stick, this would not be covered under warranty I was then informed that they have taken pens and pencils out of air vents before now and they have even had acorns stored in the engine scuttle causing one worried owner to book her car in due to the rattle from the engine!I left the Service Dept wondering OMG how much is this going to cost meHad the call today to pop in and have a word with the technician. 10 minutes later I was there and this is what I was told.....The dashboard had not been removed as previously inform it would be, which was a great sigh of relief. The Technician managed to remove the pollen filter and hook the car up to their diagnostic computer system. He confirmed that all flaps operated as normal and had been in touch with Nissan's own Technical Dept to investigate my query.He was informed that this is down to Nissan design as the main air intake located at the engine bay scuttle does not have an on/off flap, it is permanently open. He did ask if Nissan would be redesigning this flap but was informed that not many people have complained about this and that they would not be changing existing spec.Up shot is.... I now accept this has being a quirk I can live with and will continue to dissipate unwanted heat through the windscreen vent.Overall experience with WESTWAY Nissan was very good, staff very polite and could not fault service! I shall be using them for my future maintenance requirements Further more GUYS..... anyone with a rattle in their scuttle, FOR GOD SAKE CHECK YOUR NUTS

karma mechanic

Fault with heater?

Post by karma mechanic » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Having just read this thread I'm a bit lost.Is the problem that you always get warm air even when everything is switched off? Or as stated later that it blows cold air so it is knackered?When I got mine I discovered that warm air was always coming through the vents even though I'd turned the temp to the minimum. Then I found that the A/C was still switched on, so switching it off restored normal fresh air flow. I suppose I hadn't associated heating with 'climate', on my previous cars the heater was one thing and the aircon was another.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”