Tyre wear

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
Wint

Tyre wear

Post by Wint » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:56 am

Hi,I've just dropped my Juke off at the dealers to look into a problem with a squeaky steering wheel. They've just rung me to report that both off side tyres are worn to 3mm, whereas both nearside are at 8mm.I bought the car secondhand about 6 weeks back, but it's only 8 months old with only 5k on the clock.Any ideas as to what the problem could be??The woman from the Nissan dealer suggested tracking, but I thought this would only affect the front tyres.I don't want to replace the tyres only for them to wear out so quickly again.Thanks in advance for any advice.
64 reg Juke 1.6 Dig-T

MikeGC

Tyre wear

Post by MikeGC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 pm

All 4 wheels can have tracking issues ( I know this from watching TV shows about cars ).
If the car is only 8 months old then the car might have suffered some abuse before you bought it.
Hopefully, your dealer can sort that out for you.
Or ( your choice I guess ) you local tyre supplier can probably do it as well.

Good Luck
MikeGC
1.5dci gunmetal grey ascenta premium with red exterior/interior packs

DAVE.B

Tyre wear

Post by DAVE.B » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi there, you havnt said what model you have? 2 or 4 wheel drive.The first thing that I would look at is if the tyres are all the same make and age, to see if they are the original ones that the car left the factory with.On the sidewall of the tyre you should be able to see DOT followed by a 4 digit number. This is the month / year date code of manufacture. Within reason they should all be around the same date.Let us know the above info

Wint

Tyre wear

Post by Wint » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Sorry for the lack of information, for some reason my signature is not showing at the bottom of my posts.It's a Dig-T 1.6 Tekna 64 reg 2WD.I'll check and post the tyre details when I get it back from the dealer.
Wint2015-07-24 13:03:22
64 reg Juke 1.6 Dig-T

actd

Tyre wear

Post by actd » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:18 pm

That almost sounds as though the wheels have been swapped with some from an older car when the car was originally sold.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

Cofnchtr

Tyre wear

Post by Cofnchtr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi Wint, Maybe the previous owner has been wheelspinning then changed tyres around on the car? I believe any tracking issue would affect only the inside or outside of a tyre but from your description it seems to be the whole tyre that's worn to 3mm? Have a look at the tyres yourself - if there's wear down the middle of the tread on the tyre, they could have been overinflated. Wear on both shoulder areas could indicate under inflation - wear on one side or the other would indicate tracking initially but may be something else if tracking reset doesn't fix. I'd also ask why both tyres weren't changed before you picked the car up - being at 3mm I would have thought the dealer may have changed them for you during pre-inspection/preparation. Cheers, Cofnchtr.

Bighbomb

Tyre wear

Post by Bighbomb » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:02 pm

I know from experience that the nismo suffers from excessive tyre wear and from other members. I changed all four tyres at less tha 8000 miles. First I've heard on a standard juke I agree with actd sound like the garage or previous owner has swoped the tyre for duff ones. If the tracking is ok this must be the case. Did you inspect the tread before you bought the car. If you had bought from a dealer you may have some comeback if not buyer beware.

Harbo

Tyre wear

Post by Harbo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:19 pm

I have a rs noticed last week tyres are worn down on both front tyres on the outside.
This after 4000 miles
Not happy

Whiterdesign

Tyre wear

Post by Whiterdesign » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Some friends of mine have a 12 month old diesel juke, and a month ago they had a puncture which required the replacement of a rear tyre. When at the tyre place it was pointed out to them that both front tyres were illegal as they had completely worn down in the middle, the outsides were ok . This was after about 8k miles. They had to replace three tyres.
Not happy with this my mate went to his dealer and complained saying that there was no way that the tyres should have worn like this and took the old ones with him. They said they would look into it and after a a few heated conversations Nissan agreed to pay for the replacements saying that there was a problem with that make of tyre, snag is can't remember what make they were.

Bighbomb

Tyre wear

Post by Bighbomb » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Did my research on this and other forms the nismo notorious for tyre wear most drivers having to change the OEM tyres around 8000 miles this is common for most GT cars if you drive it they will go

Return to “Faults and Fixes”