Bulb dropped into front sidelight unit

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
foxjuke

Bulb dropped into front sidelight unit

Post by foxjuke » Sun May 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi I am new to the Juke forum and we have 2013 Acenta Premium as well as a T32 Xtrail and J11 N Tec Qashqai Please can anyone help me on how to remove the entire front left indicator/sidelight unit from the Juke as the sidelight bulbs has come off and is floating about in the unit. I have removed the 2 bolts at each end of the unit but it is still held on a by a bracket in the middle and I can't see how to remove the bracket so I can get the bulb out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Alan Fox

Bernie

Re: Bulb dropped into front sidelight unit

Post by Bernie » Sun May 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi foxjuke, Welcome to the forum, this question has been asked before, can you not get the old bulb out by sticking a small magnet on the end of a knitting needle or something like that.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Sun May 28, 2017 7:04 pm

I have just been reading the manual for this and you have to remove the front bumper facia to get at the bolt.

foxjuke

Post by foxjuke » Sun May 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi Bernie,
Thank you for your prompt response. I have tried to remove the grille fascia but I felt I was going to damage the grille. I removed the plastic bung things on top of the grille (5) and tried to unclip the fascia from underneath the front bumper without success. I was concerned that I was going to break the grille. I cant believe that Nissan has made this so difficult to take out the unit. I had the same problem on a previous car a 2013 Ford Focus and could take the light unit out in about 2 minutes. Any ideas or instruction would be gratefully appreciated. thanks again.
Kind regards

Alan Fox

Tonputter

Post by Tonputter » Mon May 29, 2017 7:15 am

Hi, I removed the front grill as descibed , it was straight forward but to release the clip you had to reach up from under front valence, I saw how to do it on you tube when changing my horns. Have a look on there, it was an american video. Changing horns on juke 🤞

foxjuke

Post by foxjuke » Mon May 29, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Bernie, All sorted, I had a long thin tool that I bought probably 10 -15 years ago in a local poundshop. It has a trigger at the top which opens and closes 4 claws when released. I had forgotten I had it, but thanks to you I remembered. I pushed it through the hole that the bulb holder is fitted and grabbed the bulb and pulled it out. It took all of about 30 seconds. I think it is only the second time I have used the tool, but best £1.00 I have ever spent.
Thanks again

Kind Regards

Alan Fox

foxjuke

Post by foxjuke » Mon May 29, 2017 9:45 am

Hi Tonputter, Thank you for your input, much appreciated. I always use these Forums they are a great way of solving problems and saving £££'s.
Kind regards

Alan Fox

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Mon May 29, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi Foxjuke you have just reminded me because i bought one of those tools years ago too. cheers mate.

edarmstrong

Post by edarmstrong » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Just happened to.me, cant get the bulb out. Would love to know what tool I could use to fish it out. I know I could leave it in there but it wrankles me.
Any suggestions s please?

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Like foxduke I have one of those tools, again bought from a £ shop......bulb fell into the headlight enclosure on a different car removed in 30 secs

Return to “Faults and Fixes”