Nissan Juke Forum banner

Bulb dropped into front sidelight unit

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Duncan22 
#1 ·
Hi I am new to the Juke forum and we have 2013 Acenta Premium as well as a T32 Xtrail and J11 N Tec Qashqai Please can anyone help me on how to remove the entire front left indicator/sidelight unit from the Juke as the sidelight bulbs has come off and is floating about in the unit. I have removed the 2 bolts at each end of the unit but it is still held on a by a bracket in the middle and I can't see how to remove the bracket so I can get the bulb out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Alan Fox

#4 ·
Hi Bernie,
Thank you for your prompt response. I have tried to remove the grille fascia but I felt I was going to damage the grille. I removed the plastic bung things on top of the grille (5) and tried to unclip the fascia from underneath the front bumper without success. I was concerned that I was going to break the grille. I cant believe that Nissan has made this so difficult to take out the unit. I had the same problem on a previous car a 2013 Ford Focus and could take the light unit out in about 2 minutes. Any ideas or instruction would be gratefully appreciated. thanks again.
Kind regards

Alan Fox

#6 ·
Hi Bernie, All sorted, I had a long thin tool that I bought probably 10 -15 years ago in a local poundshop. It has a trigger at the top which opens and closes 4 claws when released. I had forgotten I had it, but thanks to you I remembered. I pushed it through the hole that the bulb holder is fitted and grabbed the bulb and pulled it out. It took all of about 30 seconds. I think it is only the second time I have used the tool, but best £1.00 I have ever spent.
Thanks again

Kind Regards

Alan Fox

#11 ·
bent wire clothes hanger with double sided sticky pad wrapped around the end should do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.