Air con fault, Aylesbury Nissan refusing to fix under warranty.

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
MandZ

Re: Air con fault, Aylesbury Nissan refusing to fix under warranty.

Post by MandZ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:51 am

Latest. Trading standards are going to investigate Aylesbury Nissans regassing procedures and record keeping. The car went to Ancaster Slough yesterday for a preliminary investigation, they noticed that Aylesbury Nissan hadn’t put leak test dye in as instructed by Nissan UK. I’ll let Nissan deal with that.

Ancaster will report back to Nissan and (as I understand it) get the car booked in for a full day.
Tekna 1.6, grey with a see through roof and very bright headlights.

Deks

Post by Deks » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 am

MIKE45 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 am
Hi
I am sure that this forum chat gets back to Nissan and by you telling us all about Aylesbury Nissan it will highlight this dealership.
Mike.
I don't know whether its still the case but in the past for certain I know that Nissan Head office read this forum and I expect other forums
When I was the administrator of the forum I was asked on a number of occasions to modify content or remove sensitive topics
this wasn't censoring BTW this revolved around modifications this forum was actively assisting Nissan in resolving issues
such as the bumper corners on early cars and the rattle caused to rear seat by weak latches.
I no longer have comms with anyone at Nissan so couldn't say how they work these days

MandZ

Post by MandZ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Update: Ancaster Slough had the car for an hour today, put the dye in and found the leak in a matter of minutes, it's a failed o ring on a pipe behind the dash. So the dashboard is coming out next week.

Aylesbury Nissan are looking worse by the minute, calling them a bunch of incompetent idiots is being kind to them.

MandZ

Post by MandZ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:42 am

The car was fixed this week. As suspected by Ancaster, there was a damaged O ring on a pipe behind the dashboard. It has almost certainly been like this from new, which explains the poor aircon performance from when the car was a few months old. It also proves that this was a warranty job, despite Aylesbury Nissans claims to the contrary.

As an aside, the mpg on 1.2 Jukes is awful, using the loan Juke for exactly the same as our own car, it returned 34mpg, shocking, it’s not like there’s any performance in return.

brianthai68

Post by brianthai68 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:41 am

My air con stopped working,overheated on tick over, turned out to be the rad fan after just 43,000 km ,new fan from Nissan ,got the old one home pulled it apart the brushes were sticking in the holders.gave them a gentle squeeze with pliers, good as new now i have a spare motor.

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:50 am

As I understand it if you take a car into a garage that checks and tops up your air conditioning they then use a ultraviolet light to check all the seals and systems, if there is a leak it will show up under these conditions.
My concern about the AC in these cars is that it is more vulnerable to stones making a hole in the AC grill and coolant leaking out.
There are a number of posts on this forum where owners have added plastic mesh to the 3 holes in the front of the car.
If this turns out to be the fault you might wish to check these posts out.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:52 am

They will try pull a vacuum first and then leave it to see if it holds. If it does then they put the UV dye in the gas and see it leaks by checking for the glowing green

MandZ

Post by MandZ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:03 pm

vexorg wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:52 am
They will try pull a vacuum first and then leave it to see if it holds. If it does then they put the UV dye in the gas and see it leaks by checking for the glowing green
Or if you take it to the lying gits at Aylesbury Nissan, they'll tell you that they've done that, but they actually haven't. Beware.

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi MandZ, I hope you are happy with your air con, and please don't believe that all Nissan dealers are the same, as for your comments on the 1.2 petrol consumption yes they are horrid compared to the larger engined Jukes.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

MandZ

Post by MandZ » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Bernie wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 pm
Hi MandZ, I hope you are happy with your air con, and please don't believe that all Nissan dealers are the same, as for your comments on the 1.2 petrol consumption yes they are horrid compared to the larger engined Jukes.
Oh I know that Aylesbury Nissan are particularly bad and should be avoided at all costs, they lie, deceive and generally provide a very poor service, Nissan UK are well aware of this. We now use Ancaster in Slough, I get the impression that Nissan UK use them to solve problems that lesser dealers have made a mess of. They've been very good, but it's a ball ache that they're a 40 minute drive away. So no more Nissans for us when this one goes.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”