Nissan Juke Forum banner

2011 timing chain

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dallasstone 
#1 ·
I've been searching forever for the parts I'll need to change the timing chain in my juke. Heard about a recall and got excited and rushed to the dealer only to find out that it was closed well over a year ago. Now I'm left to do the work myself. We only have 2 vehicles and my wife and I both work and need both of them. So when I tear into this car I won't have a way to the parts store. I need to make sure I have everything I need before I get started. Has anyone here already done this job themselves? I know I need the chain of course. What about the 2 tensioners? Will they need to be replaced? The chain guides? And gaskets or o-rings? If there's an existing post about this I'll gladly accept a link to that. I haven't been able to find anything about it though. Thanks in advance for any help I receive.

#4 ·
Sorry. I'm in the US. I've seen some kits on eBay as well but they have all said they wouldn't work for 2011. It seems to me that all I would need to buy is the timing chain and rtv silicone. I just dont know if the tensioners needed to be replaced when these chains fail. The only decent video I found just showed a guy rebuilding a motor so it wasn't just replacing the chain

#8 ·
wrinkly47 said:
I would suggest it is false economy to replace the chain without the tensioners and guides. Camshaft belt kits come with everything except gaskets.
Can't find any for 2011. I've been able to find individual parts but no kits. I was thinking the same thing about the tensioners and guides. The kits I've seen for cars made after a specific month in 2012 come with some sprockets as well. Is that likely something I'll need to change while I'm in there is it fairly unlikely that there's been significant wear to those?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.