Nissan Juke Forum banner

Fault code C1130 and anti skid light on

41K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  vexorg 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I thought I'd post this in case someone was having the same problem. We have a juke 1.5dci. It has had the anti skid warning light on for some time although it passes an mot every year. After checking the fault codes, it recorded C1130, and sometimes other spurious codes. C1130 error code reports a fault in engine signal 1. The diagnostic software states that if there are no faults in the engine system then check the ABS System. The engine system has no faults, but the ABS system registers C1130 and reports a possible fault with the ABS unit. Now the good news is that it probably IS NOT the ABS unit. I found my problem to be a blocked small bore pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to a pressure sensor which is located just to the left of centre of the engine, mounted at the rear of the engine bay behind the plastic turbo intake. This small bore pipe is a pig to remove due to access, but if you remove the turbo pipes you can get at the sensor and remove it. Spray some brake cleaner down the pipe, if it doesn't drain down the pipe then you know it's blocked. To unblock it, purchase a gear cable for a push bike and cut off about a foot in length. Attach one end to a drill and feed the other end in to the pipe. Use a slow speed on the drill and be patent allowing the cable to go to work on the carbon build up in the pipe. You will know when you have cleared the blockage when you spray brake cleaner in the pipe and it drains away. Rebuild the car and the fault is gone! A bit of a long winded write up but I hope it helps someone and prevents someone spending a fortune on parts.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've had the same problem for the past week, antiskid+ red engine light, code C1130, but they have changed the design slightly for the newer model. Same fix as you done cured it.

The pipe is now more convoluted, and would be difficult to remove in the engine bay. I also went for the bike brake wire on a drill and did manage to get past that last bend with a bit of force and clear it.

The pipe itself goes directly to the exhaust manifold. It was blocked, nothing flowing down when using carb cleaner, or foot pump would pressurise it when trying to blast it clear. No exhaust gases coming out when engine running. After getting the drill and brake cable to go through (quite a few times), I started the car and could feel a little bit of exhaust. Gave it a good few revs, with plumes of black smoke from the pipe on the first few revs then it was clear - and hot!!

Put it back together, and still had the lights on and code present. Cleared the codes with a reader and now all is good

Bits marked in red, no banjo bolt now.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Machine Nut Auto part

Attachments

#7 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum so hope this post is the same as my problem. I have a 2014 Juke 1.5dci n-tec 45k. The problem seems the same, red engine management light and orange skiddy car light after driving approx 1/2 hr generally after accelerating to overtake or uphill. Red light goes off if left or car restarted, orange skid light goes off after engine stopped for a while. Thought I'd follow guide and clean pressure pipe but not sure where the pipe is on my engine.
Has someone got a picture or is the part shown in the attachment the right one.
White Light Black Motor vehicle Gas

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

#8 ·
There is an engine change with the layout of that pipe. If it's not the one shown in the photo above, then the sensor and pipe is slightly further back behind the engine, in the same general area. I found photos on the older one on here I think (or maybe google), then found my engine was a later one.

#16 ·
Hi, new to the Duke (actually it's my daughters) and this forum. Having similar issues with faults codes and anti skid light on, it would appear i have the revised tube without the banjo nut. I have disconnected the red rubber tube from the sensor and loosened the nut from the manifold but i am unable to withdraw the tube end from the manifold as it snags on something as i pull it back. My question is it possible to remove this tube in the engine bay and if so how do i go about it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.