Nissan Juke Forum banner

2014 Dci engine management light on

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  vexorg 
#1 ·
First Dci Juke did 65,000 miles with no problems and was traded in for new one.
Second Juke was a Dci facelift and has lots of improvements over the first.

Second Juke was registered Sept 2014.
Bought new as pre-registered from a main dealer.

3 years 4 months after purchase it had done 35,000m used mainly on long runs.
Many warning lights came on..... abs, orange engine, red engine, gear change warning fixed on.

Turned out it was all triggered by DPF pressure sensor caused by a pressure pipe blocked by carbon.
Had to have pipe removed and cleaned out.
Also battery failed and had to have a new one. Over £200 as stop/start model.
Not good for a car this age and mileage!

Anyone else have this DPF pressure sensor fault?

#3 ·
My personal opinion is that it's a mis-selling issue - when I bought my original Juke, which was a dCi, the dealer never asked why sort of journeys I'd be doing, and if you are doing a lot of town driving, then a diesel is totally unsuitable in my opinion. As a result, a couple of years on, I had a DPF failure, which cost me a lot of money (the dealer managed to get some bits under warranty, but I still had to pay about 2/3rd of the cost). Pretty much as soon as it was sorted, I traded in for a petrol model, and wouldn't go back to a diesel unless I could guarantee a lot of good long runs on a very regular basis.

#5 ·
Update - All the lights returned after a couple of weeks.

EGR/Boost pressure tube was blocked, so my local garage (I do not use main dealer anymore) fitted a new pipe.
This was a very long and difficult job, and involved dismantling half the car!

All sorted now, but I guess it could reoccur in 2-3 years, so not over pleased.
At least the £20 cheap road tax and 60mpg I average pays for the problem :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.