Nav/Radio/Starter unreliability

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
Giraffe

Nav/Radio/Starter unreliability

Post by Giraffe » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:44 pm

2014 Diesel Juke

Our sound system and sat nav sometimes resets itself, on a couple of occasions the screen has gone off and not restarted at all. Sometimes if a cd is playing it will cut out and restart further along - while the sound is off the cd counter continues to run, sometimes it will go off and restart the cd completely.

Recently the car would not start and I had to call out Green Flag, I had assume it was because I had been doing short bursts of driving followed by a lot of sitting in the car listening to the radio, he managed to jump start the car and I have avoided over using the radio if im sitting about waiting for the children! The car has subsequently refused to start on two occasions but after 5 - 10 minutes has then started so I am thinking I was not quite as to blame as I thought. I now have a flashing green auto light, which I understand goes hand in hand with starter/battery issues

The car is not under warranty but I have booked it into our local (non dealership) garage for them to look at as I trust them more. Do I have two problems or is this all related? Should I be pointing them in a certain direction or will they think I am trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs? Any advice appreciated.

Bernie

Re: Nav/Radio/Starter unreliability

Post by Bernie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi Giraffe, Welcome to the forum, the Juke is notorious for having faulty batteries, I would let your local garage have a look at it and take it from there.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 pm

I've seen the satnav not start up sometimes, just tend to live with it as it's so infrequent

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 am

I would mention the fault when taking the car in but say nothing about what might be causing it, you are paying to get the fault fixed so if it's not fixed then you can take it back or get a refund for the fault they failed to fix.
As others have said, quite likely a battery problem but equally a faulty earth connection could also cause this problem.
As for the sat nav.....I never use it.....I find using a seperate sat nav such as Garmin gives far more detailed and useful information and comes with free map updates, not sure how much a new memory card for the Juke sat nav is but it is not cheap.
Be interested to know how you get on..

MIKE45

Post by MIKE45 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 am

Hi.
The audio system shuts down if it is left running to long this is to save on battery life if left unattended.
Mike.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”