Glow plug location

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
Sparrowhawk

Glow plug location

Post by Sparrowhawk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:46 pm

My 64 plate 1.5dci tekna is having starting issues now the weather has turned colder. I’m suspecting either the glow plugs or the relay, neither of which I can locate raptor test. Can anyone tell me where they are( I suspect they are at the back of the engine ). Also what is involved in disassembly to get to them. Some of you guys must know what’s involved. I’m not new to spannering so I’ll do it myself ( if that’s possible) Thanks i. Advance.

marrygold

Re: Glow plug location

Post by marrygold » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:17 am

you have to remove the top plastic engine cover,they have an electric cable plugged on the top of them,
and come out like a spark plug.let them soak in plus gas or something and you want them warm,
there is a tool to clean any carbon out of the hole after you have removed them,if you want.dont forget to use anti seize and torqe them in.
Snap one and you are in trouble,.I took mine to the main dealers,it hurt ,but she would of killed me if i had snapped one.
you can test your plugs while they are in the engine with a multimeter,,,youtube,, i had one out at 50k

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:59 am

None of your russian dating needed here

<mods, you might as well delete this if you are deleting the spam>
Last edited by vexorg on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sparrowhawk

Post by Sparrowhawk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:05 pm

I’ve had the plastic engine cover off, all I could see under there were the injectors with electric wires, I assume from the metering unit and injector pipes and the spill off return. Any other information will be gratefully received.

marrygold

Post by marrygold » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:30 pm

glow plugs.jpg

there are 3 in this pic,one still has the black plastic plug lead on

Sparrowhawk

Post by Sparrowhawk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:21 pm

That makes more sense now matey. As you are so helpful, can you tell me where glow plug relay is located, then I can check for voltage please.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”