Nissan Juke Tekna 1.5Dci

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
Trish Higgens

Nissan Juke Tekna 1.5Dci

Post by Trish Higgens » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:52 pm

So I have a 3 year old Nissan Juke - always been serviced and kept in tip top condition but is now out of warranty. On Sunday night after dropping my son back at University the car started to judder and the engine warning light (Red), Auto light and VDC light come on, I pull up on the hard shoulder and call Green Flag out who diagnose that the fuel injector number 4 is faulty and arrange for the vehicle to be transported on a low loader back home and the next day the vehicle goes to my local garage who diagnose the same fault and say it shouldn't happen to a vehicle of this age that has only covered 28,000 miles. I have spoken to Nissan Customer Service who have told me that the car needs diagnosing by a Nissan Technician (even though he will get the same codes as Green Flag and my garage) at the princely sum of £102.00 (just for plugging a computer in) and that faulty fuel injectors happen to any age vehicle to which I do not agree. I am loath to go to Nissan main dealership as I trust my own garage, however, I am aware that if I don't I will lose any slim chance of obtaining a contribution from Nissan. Any other people had a similar problem.

vexorg

Re: Nissan Juke Tekna 1.5Dci

Post by vexorg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the pressure sensor problem, it has exactly the same symptoms. Was there a "C1130" code too?

Trish Higgens

Post by Trish Higgens » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:23 pm

So the car went into Nissan on Friday their technicians couldn't find anything. Have driven since no lights have come on not been on the motorway as Green Flag say that they will not cover if same fault in 28 days, have added a shot of millers to the fuel. Car booked back into Nissan on Thursday so that they can do further tests??? Not sure if needed anyone got any idea's - report from Green Flag doesn't show any codes just says suspect 4th fuel injector.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:54 pm

It's not under engine codes, it's a different part you read for the C codes.

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi Trish, Is there any way you can take a photo of your dash when the warning lights come on to show the people at Nissan.It is not advisable to ignore Nissan if you want them to contribute anything towards the cost's, and remember they watch this forum.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

Trish Higgens

Post by Trish Higgens » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi Bernie the lights have not come on since and when Nissan plugged the car into their computer it didn't show any codes, if the lights come on again I will definitely take a picture. With regards to vexorg comments regarding the codes' surely Nissan's computer would pick up any faults?

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:52 pm

I was assuming you meant greenflag read the codes. As for Nissan, a bit hit or miss as some garages are better than others.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”