Start/Stop not working

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
Essexnigel

Start/Stop not working

Post by Essexnigel » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi all.
I got and Juke last week and it’s not stopping at lights etc.
I put in neutral and release pedals put does not stop.
No fault lights showing.

Please could someone assist

Thanks Nigel

Bernie

Re: Start/Stop not working

Post by Bernie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi Nigel, Welcome to the forum, the stop/start will only work when your battery is at fully charged if it is slightly down then it turns itself off untill fully recharged.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

marrygold

Post by marrygold » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:55 am

some cars have a button you can press to cancel the stop start.i cant stand it.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 am

It also needs the engine to be warm enough, and other factors, like aircon on etc will keep the engine running.

actd

Post by actd » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:53 pm

You can't permanently turn off the stop/start on the juke - if you switch it off, it will reset next time you start the car. Aircon often does stop it from coming on, windscreen demist certainly will if you have that going.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2016 - Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic - White

Essexnigel

Post by Essexnigel » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks for replying

I can see the off switch and I have not pushed it to stop.

Without putting a voltage meter on the battery how do I know it’s fully charged?

My phone charges even time I put it in my cradle will try it on way to work without changing phone and make sure everything is off.

Essexnigel

Post by Essexnigel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:02 am

actd wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:53 pm
You can't permanently turn off the stop/start on the juke - if you switch it off, it will reset next time you start the car. Aircon often does stop it from coming on, windscreen demist certainly will if you have that going.
I just drove an hour journey to work with radio only on and no time throughout the journey was I able to go into start stop.

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 am

@actd.
Whilst I do not have this model of car I have seen youtube videos which claim to switch this facility off on a permanent basis by removing or altering something in the engine bay which monitors if the bonnet is open or closed, if the sensors think the bonnet is open then the engine will not keep stopping until turned off.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 am

If the sensor thinks the bonnet is open then that may affect the alarm too, most monitor the bonnet being opned.

There's no easy way to check the battery is charged enough for start stop, the ecu will have some obscure algorithm that decided based on voltage and running time.
There is a battery meter on one of the info displays if you press the d-mode along with all the rest of the useless info, like G force and torque output and quantum drive status.....
Last edited by vexorg on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Essexnigel

Post by Essexnigel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:16 am

Duncan22 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 am
@actd.
Whilst I do not have this model of car I have seen youtube videos which claim to switch this facility off on a permanent basis by removing or altering something in the engine bay which monitors if the bonnet is open or closed, if the sensors think the bonnet is open then the engine will not keep stopping until turned off.
Is that turning the sensor that’s located near the front? Will look at this at lunch. Have seen the video but didn’t think that would work or anyone following these On YouTube as could do something damaging.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”