Nissan Juke Forum banner

Start/Stop not working

31K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Boothy01 
#1 ·
Hi all.
I got and Juke last week and it's not stopping at lights etc.
I put in neutral and release pedals put does not stop.
No fault lights showing.

Please could someone assist

Thanks Nigel

#5 ·
You can't permanently turn off the stop/start on the juke - if you switch it off, it will reset next time you start the car. Aircon often does stop it from coming on, windscreen demist certainly will if you have that going.

#6 ·
Thanks for replying

I can see the off switch and I have not pushed it to stop.

Without putting a voltage meter on the battery how do I know it's fully charged?

My phone charges even time I put it in my cradle will try it on way to work without changing phone and make sure everything is off.

#7 ·
actd said:
You can't permanently turn off the stop/start on the juke - if you switch it off, it will reset next time you start the car. Aircon often does stop it from coming on, windscreen demist certainly will if you have that going.
I just drove an hour journey to work with radio only on and no time throughout the journey was I able to go into start stop.

#8 ·
@actd.
Whilst I do not have this model of car I have seen youtube videos which claim to switch this facility off on a permanent basis by removing or altering something in the engine bay which monitors if the bonnet is open or closed, if the sensors think the bonnet is open then the engine will not keep stopping until turned off.

#9 ·
If the sensor thinks the bonnet is open then that may affect the alarm too, most monitor the bonnet being opned.

There's no easy way to check the battery is charged enough for start stop, the ecu will have some obscure algorithm that decided based on voltage and running time.
There is a battery meter on one of the info displays if you press the d-mode along with all the rest of the useless info, like G force and torque output and quantum drive status.....

#10 ·
Duncan22 said:
@actd.
Whilst I do not have this model of car I have seen youtube videos which claim to switch this facility off on a permanent basis by removing or altering something in the engine bay which monitors if the bonnet is open or closed, if the sensors think the bonnet is open then the engine will not keep stopping until turned off.
Is that turning the sensor that's located near the front? Will look at this at lunch. Have seen the video but didn't think that would work or anyone following these On YouTube as could do something damaging.

#11 ·
Essexnigel said:
Duncan22 said:
@actd.
Is that turning the sensor that's located near the front? Will look at this at lunch. Have seen the video but didn't think that would work or anyone following these On YouTube as could do something damaging.
Just checked the sensor, which is a push sensor is stick up and looks to be connected.

How do I check the battery level without a volt meter?
Battery appears to be the original battery.

#20 ·
Just bought a juke 2014 plate 1.2 petrol. The auto green light is constantly flashing. Tried switching off start/stop but it does nothing. Had a diagnostic test and there were no codes whatsoever. Battery was in top tip condition with alternator working well. The ONLY thing the mechanic noticed was that the fuel temperature was reading minus 40 degrees. He suggested that I may need a new fuel temperature sensor. My question is will this cure the start/stop problem and does anyone know the location of said sensor.

#23 ·
Did anyone get to the bottom of this I have just bought a 2017 dci juke and the stop start was working last week but not now would the weather outside stop it even if the engine is warm and I have a green light on which I can turn of under where wingmirror controls are not sure what this is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.