Wires schema for rain sensor ?

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
hemi

Wires schema for rain sensor ?

Post by hemi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Hello everyone,

Following the windshield change on my 2011 all-mode CVT Juke, Autoglasslass discovered that the old windshield had already been replaced with
a bad reference ... morality they had stuffed the cover with glue windshield in which the rain sensor was enclosed ... with the mirror

Autoglass has therefore replaced the windshield by the Japanese reference that goes well (my juke is made in Japan). Except that since the rain sensor / brightness no longer works ...

Someone could check in his juke the connectivity that goes to the sensor? Normally there are 3 wires (red, blue, green)

who should go in this connector:

So my question would be in which order to put these wires back ...

Thanks for the help !

marrygold

Re: Wires schema for rain sensor ?

Post by marrygold » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:46 am

IMG_0664.JPG

this is out of the haynes manual

hemi

Post by hemi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:30 pm

marrygold wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:46 am
IMG_0664.JPG
this is out of the haynes manual
Thanks marrygold, but it appears the color codes in the schema (Yellow, red, black) doesn't match mine (blue, red, green) :(

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:09 pm

Which way does that mirror come off, I tried mine and it seems quite solid, don't want to break it.

Also the wires are red blue and green , I can see them under the light.

hemi

Post by hemi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm

On mine, I just need to pull the rearview mirror after releasing a small platisc piece (by pushing it)

Something similar to that :

Sometime I saw other video, when they use a little screwdriver to release it.

But I don't think you need to remove it to see the harness going to the rain sensor ? (of course it's more confortable to remove it, but..)
=> you can "just" remove the plastic cover to access it

Thx!

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:30 am

There's one big black cover with the mirror attached, nothing like that youtube video. and the wire disappears into the hole in the top of it so you cant see the connector.

It obviously slides and snaps in some way, but you'd need to know or you'll break something, or there's a clip somewhere you need to squeeze/push to make it move. But I'm not risking breaking it if you dont know, which is odd given you've taken yours apart.

They shouldn't have needed to glue the mirror, the fixing usually is pre-bonded.

hemi

Post by hemi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:07 am

Maybe we don't have the same model in that case. On mine, the rearview mirror is directly connected to the windshield, then there is another piece of platic cover for the rain sensor.

You have a sort of teardrop form for you rain sensor ? Mine is the L shape (for japanese model)

And yes, don't risk to break yours ;)

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:11 am

I'll post a photo later, it looks a bit different, just a square section on it's own and a single wire running down into the mirror block.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”