Nismo fuel pump fuse

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
Nismolee

Nismo fuel pump fuse

Post by Nismolee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi all, new to the forum and wondering if anyone could help me,
I've a 2014 Juke nismo, just ticked onto 30k miles.

2 weeks ago while driving the car it cut out while driving and wouldn't start back up, I found the F20 15A fuse had blown in the upside-down fuse box near the battery. Changed the fuse.. started up straight away and all was fine.
Drove it every day for numerous miles for the next week and then it pops again.
No lights on dash, plugged it into Delphi system, numerous codes came up and none relating to the fuel pump or system, cleared codes, replaced fuse and off I went for a test drive, popped again 2 days later.

Anyone had this issue?
Pulled the rear seats up and can't see an issue with the wiring around the pump, chased the wires back through the car and all look fine.

Bad fuel pump was my first thought but it runs perfect untill the fuse blows!

Duncan22

Re: Nismo fuel pump fuse

Post by Duncan22 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Nothing worse than intermittent faults, even the dealers will often tell you to wait until fault is there all the time which is next to useless.
Clearly the codes you have cleared give no clue to the cause ?
Sounds to me it's some sort of wiring problem, could the heat from the pump be causing some wire to heat and short ?

Very odd you replace the fuse and it does not blow straight away.

Does it blow after a long journey ? Does it blow if you are on a bumpy road, Is there any damp around any plugs, sockets, fusebox ?

Nismolee

Post by Nismolee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Duncan22 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 pm
Nothing worse than intermittent faults, even the dealers will often tell you to wait until fault is there all the time which is next to useless.
Clearly the codes you have cleared give no clue to the cause ?
Sounds to me it's some sort of wiring problem, could the heat from the pump be causing some wire to heat and short ?

Very odd you replace the fuse and it does not blow straight away.

Does it blow after a long journey ? Does it blow if you are on a bumpy road, Is there any damp around any plugs, sockets, fusebox ?
That's what's puzzling me! I only do very short journeys in the car as I have a company vehicle so the nismo does maybe 5k a year maximum,
And I've ruled out the bumpy road as it happened on my road yesterday which has just been tarmacked! Lol.
No damp or water anywhere!
The codes that were saved were
ABS fault
Dongle fault (???)
Intelligent key fault
Air conditioning fault,
But since clearing these none of them have came back

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Lee, It sounds as if your fuel pump needs replacing, If the motor is jamming up then your fuse will blow, It looks a simple job but you will have to remove the rear seat for access to the actual pump.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

Nismolee

Post by Nismolee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Bernie wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm
Hi Lee, It sounds as if your fuel pump needs replacing, If the motor is jamming up then your fuse will blow, It looks a simple job but you will have to remove the rear seat for access to the actual pump.
I think your right.
Going to try and order a new one tonight, will update you all with the outcome, thanks for the replies!

Nismolee

Post by Nismolee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 am

Hi all just an update

Changed the fuel pump on Monday and so far so good.

It's a simple change and only took around 30 minutes.
Just incase anyone else has this issue -

I couldn't find a second hand nismo pump for less than £130, that's when I found out the 1.2 petrol pump is exactly the same!
Managed to get one for £40 delivered from eBay.

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:40 pm

That is brilliant news Lee, now I hope you have trouble free driving from now on.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

Return to “Faults and Fixes”