Nismo Juke water leak in boot

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
Zaney17

Post by Zaney17 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Have a water leak in the very left hand corner of the boot below rear light cluster. Nissan have already had it once and resealed but water still getting in. However, before it was dirty so obviously from road but tonight it is lashing down and car is parked up, dried off the area and 1 minute later it is wet??
No signs of any tracking from rear light cluster, taped paper towel above the pool of water and still no signs of leaks from above!
Any ideas?
My thought was if car is static and water is seeping in then it must be coming from above as it can't travel up hill.

Deks

Post by Deks » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Sorry to see your first post is due to a problem, but welcome to the forum.Not sure I can be of any help in solving the issue but I agree that if the car is static the water must be coming down from aboveso on that basis either the boot rubber seal or rear window glass isnt sealed properlywhen not raining try water around the boot seal and if still dry then around the window glass top and bottom edges.

Zaney17

Post by Zaney17 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Deks. Tried the glass and boot seal and nothing.if you look in the very corner of the boot two panels come together to form a v, and the leak is behind that.
Originally the water was dirty so dealer sealed underneath and inside.
Noticed after getting it back that it was still wet so sprayed water around nearside light and about a minute after it was wet again. I took the light off the car but nothing obvious unless it is weeping passed the plastic fittings for the bullet connection on the light.
Trying to pinpoint it myself as only had it for a month and after 1 week of using it I lost it to the dealer who straight away removed the whole back bumper! Want to avoid that,get car fixed and enjoy it. NCS ring a lot but don't seem to resolve much as they built the car not the dealer.

Tom B

Post by Tom B » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:24 pm

I noticed I have water leaking into the spare wheel well of the boot too. Saw it last week and mopped it up, but today I noticed it was back! - My car has just been in a rear end collision too so that might be something to do with it. Have you got any further with yours?
Diesel Weasel

Zaney17

Post by Zaney17 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Mine is going back in at the weekend. Have you checked all the from its in the boot?
I do know of a previous case where someone had an issue with a cracked seam weld behind the bumper.
Mine will be in the garage for a week but will update you when I get it back,

Zaney17

Post by Zaney17 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Make that have you checked all the gromits' in the boot.

Tom B

Post by Tom B » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm going to do some checks tomorrow making sure the grommets are maing a good seal to start with. Then throw some paper towels in there and see which ones get wet first to point me in yhr right direction! Ill keep you posted!
Diesel Weasel

Clairelouise123

Re: Nismo Juke water leak in boot

Post by Clairelouise123 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Did u find the solution to this problem ?

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”