Nissan Juke Forum banner

Juddering when cold

11K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Bernie 
#1 ·
I apologise if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find a solution to this problem. My 2015 dci Tekna has developed a nasty juddering when pulling away in 1st gear when the engine is stone cold. The car has only covered 2500 miles from new and for the first 1000 miles the car behaved perfectly. At almost 1000 on the dot this problem showed it's head and it's driving me mad!!As mentioned, the problem happens when the car is cold and lasts for around 10-15 mins of initial driving - it only happens when pulling away and once the car is warm it goes back to normal.I have tried everything to make it go away - pulling away like a snail/ giving it lots of revs but it does it no matter what I do, so I have ruled out driver error. Even so, I shouldn't have to nurse a car in the morning, it's not the 80's anymore! I should be able to jump in my car and drive it like normal (like I have done all my other cars)I took it to my dealers, left it over night and they can't find a fault at all! In fact, they made me feel like I was making it up - even though as I left the garage it did exactly what I said it had been doing. Has anybody had the same experience and has anybody had any luck having it fixed? I absolutely detest driving my car in the morning, I hate giving people lifts when the engine is cold because a) I'm embarrassed to admit to them my new car is playing up b) they might think I can't drive I won't be keeping the car if it continues - the DCI Note I had as a loaner didn't do it, so why should mine?

See less See more
#2 ·
Found this thread - http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/juke-being-put-off-by-all-the-problems_topic5512_post66771.html?KW=Clutch#66771

Containing this post - see your dealer, pronto
I had a 1.5d tekna. Was an OK car. Mrs loved it but I found it just a "run of the mill car"

I got rid because I got bored and Nissan told me it needed a new clutch and flywheel because of a serious judder that developed. The gear knob wore out, used to blow black smoke out on start up, front bumper on the right popped up and the radio sometimes went blank.

I wouldn't go back, but I've been spoilt by having a 05 Lexus is200, and currently drivig a 2010 is250 fsport which is put together 100x times better and is far cheaper than a new juke. . . . .

#3 ·
Bad news about your new juke mac, did you not take the nissan technician out in the car the next morning? that would be my suggestion, leave the car at the dealers overnight and go back in the morning and ask the technician to come a test run with you, if it happens every morning, it should not be a problem for you to replicate the fault.good luck and keep us informed of any updates.

#4 ·
I couldn't go back to the dealers the next morning to replicate it sadly. It was awkward enough to have it dropped off and picked up due to work commitments. I am taking some time off at the end of the month so I will insist on going in and showing them the problem. It's just sad that it's spoiling the ownership of a new car

#7 ·
Hello that's my thread.

My judder started at around 15k. If you pulled away sometimes with minimal revs the judder became that bad it started to "lurch". Only way around was slightly more revs but this ment the clutch wearing out faster.

I spoke to Nissan very brefily and was told its a clutch / flywheel issue, if it was the clutch I had to pay. But I've heard people having them done for free. I was so fed up at the end with poor customer service I paid £2100 to get rid of it. . . .

#8 ·
Fee wrote: Hi... I had juddering but in fifth gear...

Maybe video whats happening first thing
in the morning to show them whats going on...

They all do that 1700 rpm perhaps ? Slight incline ? Only in 5th ?

;0)

#9 ·
Hi i have a simular problem, mine is an automatic 1.6 tenka, 7k miles, 2 years old and developed a shuddering feel when it slows right down before stopping and again when exhilarating, again they've driven it and found no fault, feels like there is movement on a drive shaft or something? Any ideas anyone before I kick arse at Nissan? Hate these dealerships

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.