Nismo LED daytime running lights help

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
dancfrench

Nismo LED daytime running lights help

Post by dancfrench » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi all, new to Nissan, new to Juke, new to Nismo and new to this forum. In fact this is my very first forum post - hope it's in the right place.

Absolutely love me new Juke Nismo in black, but today the drivers side daytime running lights went out and I'm really struggling to find any instructions on how to fix it. Do I have to replace the whole unit, how do I get to it and am I right in thinking there is a ridiculously large price tag attached to this (£400 each?). I can't even find the part number on line. I am going to ring my local dealer tomorrow but any advice on here would be very welcome. What are my options? I'm happy with the lights as they are (when working) but is there a cheaper, better aftermarket product that's easy to fit etc.

MIKE45

Re: Nismo LED daytime running lights help

Post by MIKE45 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:13 am

Hi.
I am sure I have seen somewhere there is information on this forum. If you do have to replace the unit I have seen some on ebay.

Good luck.
Mike.

actd

Post by actd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 pm

£400 - really?

What are the chances of taking it apart and seeing if it can be repaired? Surely there can't be much more than a resistor and a number of high power LEDs.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:56 am

I just had a look on the web to see if there were any on there for sale. Came across an American Nissan spares website. They've got to be joking with the price. Seems there is a control unit as well for each side priced at about $690 each. the LED display is about $630. So it looks like you will need to find out whether its the LED cluster or the control unit that is faulty. whichever it is its going to coat a fortune.Suggest you need to find a breakers and see if they have any for sale.

dancfrench

Post by dancfrench » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Sounds like you're hitting the same websites as me. A couple of others have had the same issue and other Forum comments give the same answers and/or not much info. I've just been on the phone to the Parts departments at Nissan in Gloucester - this is mental - these are lights/bulbs at the end of the day!!! The prices I've been given: Drivers side lamp unit £495.63+vat. Control unit £353.64+vat (apparently having those 5 letters after Juke are to blame).

I don't feel confident about taken the car apart to get to them to see what I can do, if anything. Although I could hit jackpot and find a lose wire. I've got it going into a garage on Friday plus I may be able to claim off the warranty if it is electrical (but the lights aren't covered). I've figured out from the computer that the light unit wouldn't have even done 1,000 hours so fingers crossed it's electrical & covered, or something obvious & easy. I'll let you know how this pans out - thanks for your responses.

acrorat

Post by acrorat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:22 pm

If this is a new Juke Nismo, as you state in your first post, surely this is a warranty claim?
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

dancfrench

Post by dancfrench » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Sorry, maybe I should have said (new to this). It's a 63 plate bought with extended warranty from a garage. If it was brand new I wouldn't have hesitated in driving back to the dealer and leaving it there until fixed. I expect the warranty co. will put up a fight on this and say it's all to do with lights so comes under 'wear n tear' etc. I also have my fingers crossed still that it's a lose wire. I'm still in shock on the price of the parts.

acrorat

Post by acrorat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Well if it's the bulbs, here's a how-to for a 2012:

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2012 ... ht_running
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

dancfrench

Post by dancfrench » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Quick update: bad news on the lose wire, it wasn't that. The garage managed to confirm the the light unit works fine by swapping them round. So the problem is something electrical, possibly the control unit. Expensive stuff. It's going to involve a trip to the dealer which is a right pain, but hopefully I can get this fixed under the warranty. Luckily the garage didn't charge me for their time today either. For the minute, so that it doesn't look stupid only having one on (possibly my OCD kicking in), I've located and removed the two fuses.

MIKE45

Post by MIKE45 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:56 am

Hi.
By having the light unit checked by your garage, the dealer cannot start saying you will need the expensive option.
Good luck and please let us know the outcome as it could happen to us.

Mike.

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”