Specs of rough cast on paint

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
Gibbsy09

Specs of rough cast on paint

Post by Gibbsy09 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi the council have been doing up the houses in my area with rough casting and what not and my car is usually parked on the street.
Anyway I was washing it the other day and I noticed white specs on the paintwork I felt them because they weren't flush they were sticking out they felt grainy and hard so my suspicions were little grains of rough cast I started to pick them a little but stopped as they were stuck fast and I didn't want to ruin the paint.
So just wondering if anyone can help is there anyway or any good products I can use to remove these little grains without ruining the paintwork thanks.

MIKE45

Re: Specs of rough cast on paint

Post by MIKE45 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 am

Hi
I would wash the car with water and plenty of washing up liquid and while its wet and very gently use T cut ( DO NOT RUB ). I live in St ives and have a black juke and the seagulls mess has to be removed straight away as the acid in the S H I 1 T will remove the colour.

Mike.

MandZ

Post by MandZ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:26 am

I'd clay the paint, that'll get rid of the contamination and leave the paint smooth as glass ready for your choice of sealant or wax. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-clay/cat_9.html
Tekna 1.6, grey with a see through roof and very bright headlights.

Gibbsy09

Post by Gibbsy09 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:54 am

Hi thanks for the replies guys I was looking on you tube and just saw a 10 year old kid using WD40 to remove tar marks I would be interested to know what you guys think of it removing rough cast before I go putting it on my paintwork I can post the link if anyone's interested thanks.

MIKE45

Post by MIKE45 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi.
I have used WD40 on the plastic trim but have no idea how it would work on paint work.
Mike.

MandZ

Post by MandZ » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:53 am

WD40 is fine on paintwork for the odd spot of tar. Anymore than that and a proper tar remover is much better, WD40 doesn't have enough solvent in it to do more than the odd spot. Tardis is my tar remover of choice, but AutoGlym also make one if you're only planning on doing it occasionally.

You might also want to Google 'fallout removers' such as Iron X, they might be more suitable for your original problem.
Tekna 1.6, grey with a see through roof and very bright headlights.

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”