Driver's door button for intellikey

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
vexorg

Driver's door button for intellikey

Post by vexorg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:52 am

I've recently found that the driver's door button on the handle is a bit temperamental. At first I assumed fob battery, replaced this and still the same.

Passenger door and boot work perfectly, just sometimes the drives door wont lock or unlock on the first press, and it take a harder press to get it to respond. The only thing I can think of is that the button is starting to fail, it's only 3 years old, I'm surprised if that was the case.

Has anyone else had a problem with the driver's lock/unlock button?

Duncan22

Re: Driver's door button for intellikey

Post by Duncan22 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:34 pm

I assume you have a spare fob, do you still get the problem when using the spare fob ?
If so that confirms your suspicion that the unit in the car requires attention.
Also have you tried to open the door when the car is in another location ? It might sound silly but there have been cases where drivers have had difficulity opening their doors due to some electronic signals in that specific location.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Yeah, it's happened at a number of different places. I'll need to find the spare fob an give that a go.

MIKE45

Post by MIKE45 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:46 am

Hi.
I don't think this is your problem but a friend of mine has just bought a new Micra and when he returned to his car it would not start , the dash said the wheels are locked. The computer had to be reset and Nissan said he could have been parked near a electronic unit such as a parking meter.
:shock: . I understand that with this hot weather the rubber button sweats, try a drip of WD40 as little as possible and wipe off.

Mike.

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”