Which Juke would you buy today?

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
actd

Re: Which Juke would you buy today?

Post by actd » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:05 am

If you are doing decent runs on the motorway, then dCi - chances are any significant increases in road tax won't be retrospective, so anything you buy now shouldn't increase too much. If you aren't doing the motorway runs, then I'd go for petrol. Personally, I have had the dCi, 1.2 and 1.6DiG-T - the diesel was excellent but DPF failure meant it wasn't suitable for me (doing about 12k mixed driving per year) and very expensive. The 1.6 is great fun and if I take it easy on the motorway, I can get close to 50mpg (but 35mpg blasting round country lanes).
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

jukehunter

Post by jukehunter » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:34 am

actd wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:05 am
If you are doing decent runs on the motorway, then dCi - chances are any significant increases in road tax won't be retrospective, so anything you buy now shouldn't increase too much. If you aren't doing the motorway runs, then I'd go for petrol. Personally, I have had the dCi, 1.2 and 1.6DiG-T - the diesel was excellent but DPF failure meant it wasn't suitable for me (doing about 12k mixed driving per year) and very expensive. The 1.6 is great fun and if I take it easy on the motorway, I can get close to 50mpg (but 35mpg blasting round country lanes).
Hi actd,

Thanks for the advice. You must have missed by earlier post in the thread that I went for a dCi. Had the car for 2 months now and loving it - mpg is great and fun to drive. Plus the heated seats are a god send in this weather!

If I ever stop doing the motorway commute, I would definitely go for the 1.6.

actd

Post by actd » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Must admit I was quickly scanning posts and missed your latest. If I was doing motorway driving a lot, I would still go for the dCi - I had a 2012 model and it was great fun - acceleration in 3rd was very quick, and I imagine later models are even better. Love my 1.6 Dig-T but I think I'd still go for dCi for costs if my journeys allowed it.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

The Nissan Man

Post by The Nissan Man » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:29 am

Personally if it were me I would stick with petrol for the reasons which you have outlined yourself, but that answer is also taking into account the pain I have had in the past with selling certain cars.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy whichever car you decide to go ahead with.

Did you ever end up purchasing a Juke or is it still on the menu?

jukehunter

Post by jukehunter » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:48 pm

The Nissan Man wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:29 am
Personally if it were me I would stick with petrol for the reasons which you have outlined yourself, but that answer is also taking into account the pain I have had in the past with selling certain cars.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy whichever car you decide to go ahead with.

Did you ever end up purchasing a Juke or is it still on the menu?
Yes, I ended up with a diesel. It's great to drive and loving the mpg. The heated seats are a godsend in this weather!

I may find it harder to sell in future with the way things are currently going, but I've decided I'll worry about that in the future and for now enjoy this awesome car.

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:50 pm

I always look at a car with the intention of using it until it is dead. Resale values are not so important then. Or if the repair costs start to get in way excess of value and a new car running cost

jukehunter

Post by jukehunter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:34 am

That's a good way to look at it!

Billydavis

Post by Billydavis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 am

Hi all just wanting to share current offer till end of jan. new Juke Tekna for £239 deposit £239 a month. All part ex welcome. :D

vexorg

Post by vexorg » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 pm

I prefer to buy my cars outright, not into all these monthly deals with over the top prices at beginning and end.

jukehunter

Post by jukehunter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Vexorg,

I am of the same opinion. I compare PCP/leasing to renting - it's dead money. You never actually own the thing you're paying for unless you buy the car outright at the end of the deal....which doesn't happen in 99% of cases. Most people either roll on to a new deal or walk away.

If people are comfortable with that then good luck to them. I just don't see the financial sense in it unless it is a ridiculously low interest-free offer.

JH

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”