fitting dashcam

Non-Technical Nissan Juke chat.
patch

fitting dashcam

Post by patch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:31 pm

i want to fit a nextbase 312GW dashcam to a 2014 juke , i want to hardwire it into the fusebox using a piggyback fuse holder . Which is the best fuse to use ( one that turns on with the ignition ) and is the fusebox at the passenger side on the juke ? thanks

The Nissan Man

Re: fitting dashcam

Post by The Nissan Man » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:01 pm

I'm not going to lie, if it were me I would most likely pay to have it fitted by a professional.

Having said that - did you manage to find the best fuse? Would love to know how you did it because I'm actually considering buying a new dash cam

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:31 pm

On my juke (2012) the fuses are on the passenger side and the fuse size (not fuse rating) is the micro size.
On the back of the cover is a layout of the fuse box and which fuse covers what.
Using a multimeter or bulb attached to a wire you could check which fuse is not live with the ignition off but becomes live with the ignition on.
You will also need to earth one wire of the dashcam to the metal body of the car but there should be a few screws like that near the fuse box.

patch

Post by patch » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi , it was very easy to do , as described by Duncan22 , i had to buy a different size fuse to fit into the "piggyback" that came with the dashcam . Because the fuse from fuseboard was wrong size to fit into piggyback . I just used a fuse that only works when the ignition is on , think it was the "blower" fuse i used .

actd

Post by actd » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 pm

I used a piggyback fuse to fit mine (I bought a couple off ebay), was all a piece of cake to fit to a switched fuse and run the cables above the headlining so my camera is virtually invisible. Probably fit one to the rear at some point also.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

Return to “Main Juke Discussion”