Replacement Bulbs - Sidelights

all those mods you have done or planning
TTDegs

Post by TTDegs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:55 pm

If you're looking to replace your Juke sidelights - the ones on the top of the bonnet - this is the thread you need The manual has them as:Item Wattage (W) Bulb NoFront parking light* 5 WY5WIf searching for them, use 501 W5W Lots of different options here, but the main thing we tend to be looking for is a brighter light, and some people want something which matches whatever you have done with the headlights - although that is a hard thing to achieve see http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/replacem ... c1574.html , and also http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/bulb-upg ... 1.html)LED lights are popular, with CREE ones being very bright.http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/cree-led ... 7.htmlYour favorite online bulb retailer will have standard bulbs without doubt, but to get LED versions, you may need to resort to the likes of ebay.As a word of caution, check that the bulb is held in place securely when you fit it...HOW To guide now added

TTDegs2013-05-04 16:02:43
Black Pearl Nismo AWD. Sport Mode - its a life choice!

harveyhanson

Post by harveyhanson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Ok so the night breakers make the sidelights look rather yellow, so need some whiter side lights, what is the deal with these, are they just ant w5w bulb...? Any particularly good or bad ones around?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

TTDegs

Post by TTDegs » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Yep to the w5w

Most people go to led versions, which do work well, but tend to be more blue white than the nightbreakers, and then the cycle starts

I've got a various selection of LEDs from over the years, but haven't got around to playing with them to find the best match yet
Black Pearl Nismo AWD. Sport Mode - its a life choice!

harveyhanson

Post by harveyhanson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Thanks, ordered eBay item 140825715721 as was suggested by someone else in the forum (cannot remember the name of the person , sorry)

piliff

Post by piliff » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 pm

any one had any rubbish cree side lights fail quickly, i fit mine on saturday and one has gone already, at nearly a tenner for two of then, not cheap, messaged the seller on ebay and he will repalce if i send them back, which is fine, just a pain to have to mess about with, how long are they lasting for anyone ?
Juke Acenta Sport Now a Qashqai Acenta

Deks

Post by Deks » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Mine have been in for a fair while now cannot remember exactly when but it was early in the year.

piliff

Post by piliff » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:36 pm

hopefully its just a faulty bulb, which is to be expected now and then, just hope the seller sends me some new ones back quickly.
Juke Acenta Sport Now a Qashqai Acenta

Poppa Juke

Post by Poppa Juke » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 pm

JIMINY CRICKET ! Just replaced my sidlights for the Cree W5W LEDs - WOW - are these things LEGAL.... ! Megga Lumens well pleased.Pee Ess - must check out the headlights next - just to keep up....
Poppa Juke: HAPTIC 1.5Dci N-Tech

Kats

Post by Kats » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi pliff, we have had Crees in for 18 months and still going strong, must have just been a bad set.

CR4ZYHORSE

Post by CR4ZYHORSE » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:28 pm

I've got LEDs in the Fog lights (rigged up as DRLs) and sidelights.

My DRLs cut out when the main beam is on, so I regularly drive with the two LED sets on. They are a very nice match on colour and nice and bright

When I have the main beam on with the night breakers and the LEDs in the sidelights, the night breaker colour is disappointing....
I think I recall others posting similar thoughts....
"I need your Clothes, your Boots and your Nissan Juke"

Return to “Modifications”