Replacement Bulbs - Sidelights

all those mods you have done or planning
Shonzyd

Post by Shonzyd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:29 pm

I've been looking at some Crees. They are the 25w ones. Are these legal?

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:11 am

Hi Shonzyd,if they are legal or not is debatable normal cree's run between 1w to 5w.I sell 7w cree,and being front facing are only good for reversing that is my opinion. that is why i have the 7.5w plasma which is forward facing and with 360 illumination,and they are very bright.I have had a look at these 25w cree and one website can't make up his mine what he is selling one minute quoting 5w next 16w,watch the video across the top quotes 25w and by the side of it 11w and to be honest don't look any brighter than mine.so you are left with a dilemma,pay £17 bulb plus postage and take the risk of being acquainted with pc plod like we all do.I live in an area saturated with plain and stripy police cars.i have been followed i have even faced them but never been stopped with the bulbs i have fitted.would i put in 25w sidelight leds more than likely not,the juke sits high and if they are that bright as they state you would probably blind the on coming driver
The First Nismo On The Forum Collected 13-3-2013       
Give It A Rest Storm White Is Best With Red Stitching.Tuned BY Litchfield Running 242.8 BHP

CR4ZYHORSE

Post by CR4ZYHORSE » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:06 am

So in terms of matching the "bright white" colour from LEDs - has anyone got a good headlight solution they can recommend for me to try?
"I need your Clothes, your Boots and your Nissan Juke"

ianspector001

Post by ianspector001 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Got my plasma 50 from gadgets shop just fitted them, excellent nice and bright and match my HID 6000k headlights
SLEEK SUPREME BLADE SILVER 1.6 CVT

bigfatmole

Post by bigfatmole » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Just replaced my headlights bulbs with osram night breaker unlimited and the side lights with osram cool blues in my Nismo.. They are a real nice combo and compliment each other nicely .. I'm not sure i actually like the look of the blue side light bulb when its not lit but on I love it . It's rated no higher than standard but appears much brighter due to whiteness . If I decide to try anything else it will be LED option .
Is it just my car, the side lights were extremely hard to twist n remove , got there in the end lol

PaulWS

Post by PaulWS » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Just put the same combo on my Tekna....looking good

VIPER262

Post by VIPER262 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 am

Got a nice combination with the lights which I'm really happy withHeadlights: Osram Night Breakers UnlimitedSidelights: Put in by previous Owner No Ideahttp://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BCqh6rg/0/O/i-BCqh6rg.jpgLink for Full size photo Sidelight Bulb any ideas who it could be made by they have a blue tint to them so not Cree's
VIPER2622014-04-28 01:04:39
61 plate 2WD Arctic White 1.6 DIG-T Tekna

Toshpow

Post by Toshpow » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi, after reading numerous posts on LED's I bought a set from a guy on this site, sorry I can't remember the name. They were excellent but came with a recommendation that you may have use a drop of silicon to keep them in place. Well I tried that and other things but one or both flickered on occasions in my opinion due to the length. I then bought the ones on the right which are bright but not as much as the longer ones. These have proved ok, no flickering and bright.
Tony

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 pm

IT SOUNDS VERY MUCH LIKE THESE WERE NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY you need to bend the wires out first make sure they are a tight fit switch your lights on to make sure they are working then put a dab of silicone either side over the back of the bulb and the holder before fitting it in to the holder.In life you always get the odd bulb which goes faulty. if you had sent me a pm i would have changed them no problem.which would have saved you the extra cost and i am 100% certain they are not as bright(which you state).out of the 100's i have sold i may of had 3 or 4 that have gone faulty.they have not just been fitted to jukes but to other vehicles as well.they have even been supplied to a customer in Canada with no problems.they have been that poplar i'm waiting for a new shipment (should be in next week)..IN fact i have the same shape bulb is in mine and they have been in at least 6 months or even longer and as in the pdf on the juke and nismo website.so i am very sorry for the problems you have encountered.Gadget2014-06-11 19:54:54
The First Nismo On The Forum Collected 13-3-2013       
Give It A Rest Storm White Is Best With Red Stitching.Tuned BY Litchfield Running 242.8 BHP

NITRO

Post by NITRO » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:32 pm

NITRO2014-11-05 18:35:31

Return to “Modifications”