Nissan Juke Forum banner

Headlight bulb fitting

9K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  M-J 
#1 ·
I know this subject has been up many times before and it seems the Osram nightbreaker unlimited are the bulbs to go for as a replacement in the facelifted Juke. What I want to ask is are they easy to fit. There does not seem to be a lot of room around the back of the headlight. Many thanks for any ideas 😀

#3 ·
I got a good few scrapes (drew blood in fact) changing them, but it's a learning curve.

#6 ·
One trick I found with my pre-facelift Juke when it came to gaining access to the headlight bulbs was to remove the Air Inlet Trumpet on the passenger side and the Screen Wash Filler Tube on the Drivers side. [Not sure how similar a configuration the newer Juke is, but more than likely the same?] Once these two items are removed there is loads of room for even the biggest of hands to get down in there?The Air Inlet just un-clips quite easily and lifts out of the way and the Filler Tube is held in place by one Press Fit clip, similar to the Mudflap Clips or Wheel Arch Clips ... fiddly but worth doing and much easier if you have a set of Trim Removing tools?Anyway here's one of my photobucket pics ... if you want to see the rest, feel free to click on it to go to my page and scroll through my picks to see what I'm on about (yer yer I know ... batty old woman but without the old bit ) Enjoy.M-J

#8 ·
nistech88 wrote:Should be easy enough.no more than ten mins to doYou'd think? Easy when you know how and easier when you've done it many times. Not everyone on here is mechanically minded or that way inclined, so any help they can glean the better. Plus many people have Fat Fingers, or are unsure what's hidden away in the dark depths etc, etc ... etc ...?So yes, when it's your job should be a very easy and quick job ... but when your unsure ... your unsure!

#11 ·
Grumps wrote:Have ordered replacement bulbs so will give it a try. Thanks for your help. Will post my opinion when job done 😕
Its tight on the drivers side. I unbolted the upper light cluster which lifts up a bit and unbolted the horn to get more room. Be careful if u undo the horn not to lose the nut/washer. Passenger side is rather straight forward. This is all depending on the size of your hands.

#12 ·
Can anyone give me any tips on how to change the main beam bulb on the passenger side.I found the opposite. The drivers is easy, just remove the windscreen washer filler flute and you've got loads of room. Changed the Dip and Main Beam.I've managed to change the dip passenger (this was easier than the drivers) but I just can't get the dip on the passenger side to budge at all. I can remove the clip, and I can push the bulb with the ends of my fingers counter clockwise to try and remove, but its just too tight. (I assume the passenger is counter clockwise to remove)If only I could get my whole hand in there and gain that extra grip.Any help would be greatly appreciated :) :)

#13 ·
Yes [have to be quick - sorry!] ... but just take the Air Filter Snorkel out - just un-clips. See my pic here ...Click on it - takes you to photobucket and there are other pic's that may explain it a little more, but once removed you can get your whole hand down there no problem?Anyway good luck ... got to dash. Will check in later to see how you get on?M-J

#15 ·
OK, I see that the new Juke has a housing that does angle inwards towards the engine, but you should still be able to get to the bulb which is 'straight on' to the car and only needs about a quarter turn and then pulling straight back to remove?Here are some pages I pulled from the official WSM for your Juke ..... And if you fancy reading up on the rest of the lights on your Juke (from a mechanics perspective?) here is a link to a PDF of the Exterior Lighting of the 2015 Juke ..... happy reading http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Juke/2015%20Juke/exl.pdf Anyway it's not that hard, so don't give up and once you've got the hang of it you'll be changing your bulbs in no time .Have fun.M-J

#19 ·
skyliner34 wrote:I didn't no. Seeing as both Low beam on both sides was counter clock to remove, and the main on the drivers was also counter, I assumed the main on the passenger was like the other three bulbs! hahaYou know what Im doing tomorrow night! lolThe Dishes ... because you spent too long outside tonight 'playing' with your 'wee car'. Am I right? Am I.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.