FWD Cat-back + 2nd cat delete GROUP BUY!

all those mods you have done or planning
NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi there!

Have just been up to Cybox Exhaust Systems and am getting a custom exhaust made for my Nismo RS. Whilst talking with Jerry up there, the potential of a group buy was discussed! I have been quoted £475.00 inc VAT and fitting and he said if there were enough of us wanting a group buy then the price will also be reduced!

The exhaust will be a 2.5", mandrel bent, stainless steel system with which is from the cat back and also the secondary cat delete. It will have a single silencer with a 4" slash cut tip.

So... Who's interested???
2015 Nissan Juke Nismo RS

H&R Wheel Spacers // Bronze powdercoating // GFB adjustable BOV // Injen SRI // CUSCO strut brace // Alpine speakers

IonutCava

Post by IonutCava » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi,Any reason why you're not upping the diameter just a bit? Maybe 2.75" (Preferably 3")?Stock Nismo / Nismo RS exhaust is 2.5 as well, so the only benefit I see here is the second cat delete.The RS tip is also 4" for what it's worth. :D
63 Nismo MT
Injen CAI, IMZ strut bar, 2J Lightweight Pulley, SS brake lines, EBC Redstuff pads, SAIKOUMICHI oil catch cans, Cybox 3" exhaust /w 2nd High Flow Cat, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Ultra Racing RSB+Mid Brace
Planned: TMS T9006, FMIC, Tune

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi there,I've just measured the external diameter of the standard exhaust on my NISMO RS and it is actually a 2" pipeSo with a 2.5" pipe you are increasing the cross sectional area by 25%This will free up flow but so will removing the second cat and also the standard silencer does actually reduce flow as well with its internal designI personally like the 4" tip with the back end of the NISMO so I've chosen that one.Also a 2.5" exhaust provides no flow restriction up to 260bhp+ and that's more than enough for most Jukes. Upping the diameter too much can reduce backflow too and will reduce low-down torque and can also reduce peak powerHope this clears everything up!

H&R Wheel Spacers // Bronze powdercoating // GFB adjustable BOV // Injen SRI // CUSCO strut brace // Alpine speakers

acrorat

Post by acrorat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Ignoring the fact that the measurements given are OD:You are increasing the diameter of the pipe by 0.5", which is an increase of 25%.The respective cross sectional areas are 3.14159" squared (for a 2" pipe) and 4.90874" squared (for a 2.5" pipe).This is an increase of 1.7671" squared, which is approximately a 36% increase in area.
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:53 am

Maths overload!

Just gone back and re-crunched the numbers

2" exhaust area = pi x (2/2)^2 = 3.14
2.5" exhaust area = pi x (2.5/2)^2 = 4.91

4.91/3.14 = 1.56 56% increase

Whoops! Even bigger than I thought!

IonutCava

Post by IonutCava » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm

NISMO CB wrote:I've just measured the external diameter of the standard exhaust on my NISMO RS and it is actually a 2" pipe
Hmm, could've sworn it was 2.5" on the RS. I have a regular Nismo with a 2" and the launch event for the RS stated:" The extra power comes from a retuned ECU and a unique exhaust system with a larger-diameter main tube and revised baffling. "Don't have access to an RS and there isn't much technical exhaust info online so, my mistake. :D Nevermind then.I think you misread my post: I was asking why you decided on 2.5" and not a 2.75" like the Miltek or 3" like the Injen. "To keep noise down" or "To keep decent low end torque", would've been answers I was expecting, for example.Also, why I asked about the size in the first place: If it was a 2.75+", I would've jumped on the group buy.

IonutCava2016-09-08 18:01:01
63 Nismo MT
Injen CAI, IMZ strut bar, 2J Lightweight Pulley, SS brake lines, EBC Redstuff pads, SAIKOUMICHI oil catch cans, Cybox 3" exhaust /w 2nd High Flow Cat, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Ultra Racing RSB+Mid Brace

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:34 am

Hi again, apologies for the confusion!

Yeah I've read press specs and that of the NISMO RS and its says the exhaust is 'NISMO Tuned' but it looks as if they have just removed the central resonator from the normal Nismo

Would you like me to contact the guy regarding a 2.75" system and what he can do?

I wouldn't be against a 2.75" haha

IonutCava

Post by IonutCava » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:28 am

Apologies for the late reply (been moving house over the weekend).If it wouldn't be too much to ask, then yes, I'd interested in a 2.75". Kept putting the exhaust off 'cause I can always find more stuff to add under the bonnet, but this might be the push I need to get it done :)
63 Nismo MT

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:47 pm

That's alright, no worries!Just going to email him now and I'll get straight back to you once I have found out more infoHaha, that's fair enough, what have you done to your car so far then? Only just started my tuning journey so looking for ideas!

IonutCava

Post by IonutCava » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:55 am

I'll add links to the various things I've added to my car to help you with ideas.Started with a few handling improvements: IRZ strut bar, HEL braided brake hoses, better pads and rotors (but put on hold until my current pads wear out completely). Still have to add a rear sway bar, middle brace, a better engine mount and coilovers and I'll probably stop there as the car is already pretty fun 'round corners. Maybe I'll find a crashed RS somewhere and buy the LSD and have it frankensteined on in the future (someone in Slovakia already did this with great results).Couple of engine mods:Injen CAI, 2J Racing pulley, Saikou Michi dual oil catch cans, throttle body coolant bypass (free mod :D).This is where I think I'll just throw money forever at. Planning on the upgraded Forge IC, a GFB adjustable diverter / blowoff valve, better charge pipe, better radiator hoses (2J coloured ones)Obviously, the exhaust, intercooler and diverter valve are the main things I need to get done before doing a dyno tune.Other stuff:Footwell LED lighting, LED interior lights, amp + sub found on Gumtree, better bulbs, chromed signal lights.

IonutCava2016-09-14 12:02:37
63 Nismo MT

Return to “Modifications”