FWD Cat-back + 2nd cat delete GROUP BUY!

all those mods you have done or planning
NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Wow that's amazing what you have done to it, going to be a real mean machine when you have done all of it!

I've fitted the GFB blow off/diverted valve and I would highly recommend it. I've heard of this free power mod but what actually is it? Also how good it the 2J racing pulley and the dual oil catch cans?

I've got and Injen SRI, H&R lowering springs, eibach spacers, Cusco strut brace and a couple of little things.

Also regarding the exhaust, I've spoken to Jerry up at Cybox Exhausts and he says the next size up would be a 3" system which would make a slight difference to the price making it £495.00 inc. VAT. Would that be something you'd be interested in?
2015 Nissan Juke Nismo RS

H&R Wheel Spacers // Bronze powdercoating // GFB adjustable BOV // Injen SRI // CUSCO strut brace // Alpine speakers

IonutCava

Post by IonutCava » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:10 pm

[ontopic]Although 3" might be overkill for a non-RS, just £20 extra makes it kinda hard to decline. But I do (or plan to do) a lot of driving 'cross Europe and I think a non-resonated 3" would drive me mad. The 2.5" is more suited then if there's no middle ground available, so I'll go with that. Hmm.My only concern would be droning / highway noise. Will it be possible to install a resonator / muffler in place of the second cat in case the noise proves annoying?[quote]from the cat back and also the secondary cat delete[/quote]So the second cat delete will be a separate pipe, right?[/ontopic][offtopic]The free power mod just stops hot coolant from passing over the throttle body heating up the air going into the engine. Less heat soak. Stops the throttle feeling too sluggish during long drives or start/stop city driving. The point of "cooling" the throttle body is to avoid getting it stuck in freezing weather (or at least that's what the folks over on the U.S. forum believe). It takes 2 minutes to "turn" on or off, so I thought I'd give it a try and it does seem to change things up a bit.The racing pulley changes the "feel" of the engine when it revs up. My GF noticed it immediately when she drove it (haven't told her about it just to see what happens). I like the engine a lot more now, but it doesn't add any extra ponies. Feels like a sort of Sport+ setting on the I-Con system. Seems to rev up a bit easier.The oil catch cans are a must on this engine. It throws oil back into the intake like mad. Look at this "catch" after 5k miles. Being a direct injection engine, nothing actually cleans the valves so carbon buildup becomes a problem. Some recommend doing an intake cleaning (at the dealer or with Seafoam) every 25-30k miles. The catch cans are put in place to avoid that and keep everything clean. Also, prevents knock/ping by having less heated garbage in the cylinders preigniting. Obviously, you have to drain them every few thousand miles, but that's not a big issue. I got the drain extensions for them, so I can drain them from under the car without touching a single bolt.[/offtopic]
IonutCava2016-09-15 14:11:12
63 Nismo MT
Injen CAI, IMZ strut bar, 2J Lightweight Pulley, SS brake lines, EBC Redstuff pads, SAIKOUMICHI oil catch cans, Cybox 3" exhaust /w 2nd High Flow Cat, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Ultra Racing RSB+Mid Brace
Planned: TMS T9006, FMIC, Tune

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Thank you very much for your help, definitely going to look into those mods for mine! Going to do the free power one soon and then catch cans look very interesting!3" does look to be a good exhaust and they said that a resonator can be put in if you wish, I will probably go for this option as well. Not sure how will effect the price though, probably not too much though.I presume the second cat delete will be a separate pipe but wouldn't want to promise anything, the resonator will probably be put on the straight part of the cat-back.

H&R Wheel Spacers // Bronze powdercoating // GFB adjustable BOV // Injen SRI // CUSCO strut brace // Alpine speakers

Thawsa

Post by Thawsa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:37 pm

I've got nismo rs 2wd and I'm look for a new exhaust I want sound and more bhp can anyone advise me on what's best?

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi there!I've got the same car! I'm going for a custom Cybox 3" stainless steel cat-back exhaust with a second cat delete. This should free up bhp and produce a nice sound, a resonator can also be added if you need the sound a tad quieter.I'm in contact with Jerry from Cybox Exhausts and we should be able to organise a reduced price but the standard price will be £495.00.

IonutCava

Post by IonutCava » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:57 am

NISMO CB wrote:I've got the same car! I'm going for a custom Cybox 3" stainless steel cat-back exhaust with a second cat delete.
This is getting terribly confusing for me :))I'm in for whatever you're getting as well. Since I'm not gonna remove/replace the DP / Primary cat (still need to pass MOTs), I'm not that picky (yet). Here's hoping we can find additional people for a group buy.
63 Nismo MT
Injen CAI, IMZ strut bar, 2J Lightweight Pulley, SS brake lines, EBC Redstuff pads, SAIKOUMICHI oil catch cans, Cybox 3" exhaust /w 2nd High Flow Cat, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Ultra Racing RSB+Mid Brace

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Sounds good.If you' like to get in touch with Jerry at Cybox and say that Cameron sent you from this forum then he can let you know everythingsales@cybox.co.uk

IonutCava

Post by IonutCava » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:18 pm

I've emailed Jerry and I'm going forward with the install. Final config will be a 3":1. 2nd Cat Delete2. Mid Resonator3. Link Pipe4. Rear SilencerThe mid resonator added another £60 to the final price, but it still ended up cheaper than any other option on the market and won't drive me mad on the motorway.It will end up being very similar to this: NISMO Cat-Back Exhaust + a 2nd cat delete.I'm actually very excited!
IonutCava2016-09-22 13:18:57
63 Nismo MT

NISMO CB

Post by NISMO CB » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Sounds fantastic!

That's exactly what I'm going for and I think the exhausts are going to be built off my car on the 5th, I'll put up a thread about the exhaust if anyone is interested too? I'll try and do a video too.

I'm very excited!

IonutCava

Re: FWD Cat-back + 2nd cat delete GROUP BUY!

Post by IonutCava » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Guys! Need your help.
Any Nismo owners in or around Liverpool / Manchester willing to help out Cybox manufacture a new 3" exhaust ? They need a car to test the fitting on and make final adjustments and are having difficulty locating a Nismo or Nismo RS. (FWD only) :?

Apparently, asking dealers for a Nismo to fit custom exhausts on isn't advisable. :lol:

They're here: http://www.cybox.co.uk/contact-us/
63 Nismo MT

Return to “Modifications”