Nissan Juke Forum banner

Nismo First Day Mini Review

15K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  bullyboy 
#1 ·
Took my Takna Loaner back at 10.30. Dealer was ready for me. (Ancaster in Bromley) Went through the paper work fairly quickly - paid the money - and out to the car. On the way out was introduced the the sales manager and the service dept that booked me in for a free 6 month service that is completey free and they just top up levels, check the car out etc. 30 min job according to them. Booked in August.Got to the car and to be fair spending a week with the Tekna i had most things covered. My few questions were answered quickly and efficiently and it was time to drive away.....Took the car for a 10 mile drive including filling it up with a tank of V power - dealer had about 30% of a tank in it.Pulled in after the petrol stop to set up the bluetooth, presets, adjustable computer items etc.Went home and showed the wife, then completed all the details for the online connect registration and using the guide on hear that all went through very quickly and worked first time.I then took the car for approx 30 mile 'spin'. Car feels pretty powerful and pretty taught. Decent acceleration and went through the D modes - you can tell when its in Eco but not a lot of difference in Normal and Sport - I presume because the engine is so tight. Got used to driving it and it goes very well, can tell its good a little more umph than my outgoing vRS which was 180 bhp. Car feels more grown up, cabin feels a nice place to be, love the alacantra seats, very soft yet very well fitting with the side boosters. Stereo/Connect 2 is very good, I think the speakers are pretty good for a stock set. Like the Alacantra steering wheel - feels very old school in my hands. Car got a fews looks today - i guess they are still fairly rare and the silver rarer too. Cant fault the car, glad i choose it seems to be a very good decision.I am taking the kids to the grandparents tomorrow so its circa 160 mile round trip. Will get a bit more of a feel for it then.Only slight minus points to come out of the first day were I think the trip computer would be better if they took the VAG Maxi Dot system as a model. A couple of options i would have liked to have seen on the options list and would have paid for are (a) xenon lights and (b) sunroof/moonroof - 3 out of 4 of my last cars had one and i think its nice to have the roof open in the summer.Summary i woke up this morning quite excited and you never know how these things go on the day and you do wonder after a couple of test drives if you have made the right choice - but can honestly say marks out of 10 for the car and the experience with the dealer - 10. its different, it seems to go well and I like it !More to follow over time......

See less See more
#2 ·
Good report
Engine is very tight for the first thousand mikes and has only really loosens up for me as its just turning 9k today
And now it's like a rocket
Mrs Lordy as a passenger says there is more throw back in the seats feeling when hitting the gas then my other Subaru
I feel the power more too as its a lighter car

Seats are superb

Looking forward to some more pictures

#3 ·
Cheers lord Harding. Any comment regarding d mode normal and sport ? Does it feel more clear cut as the engine loosens up so you can really tell the difference ?
I found a noticeable different on the dci tekna loaner I had between Eco, normal and sport.
Thanksbullyboy2014-02-07 20:48:19

#4 ·
Not going to update this for a while other than adding day 2 to my original post which was.....

Took it to see the parents with the kids got 220 miles on it now. Weather was absolutely dreadful today on the motorway and on local roads so it was driven accordingly to conditions which I suppose ' restrained' would be a good word.
Feels a lot more grown up than the Skoda. Loved the sat nav and connect 2 unit. Made some phone calls which all worked well. Was a pleasure to have and drove very well in the conditions.

Need to get a dry day now to open it up.....

Only 2 minor niggles I could find
1 where's the interior light in the back of the car ?
2 did a gust of wind blow out one of the candles in the headlights ? Gotta say these seem pretty poor.....

Other than that lovin it on day 2👍👍bullyboy2014-02-08 21:50:34

#6 ·
to answer your two little niggles no 1 there is no rear light. no 2 the candles never existed you seriously need to replace sidelight and headlight bulbs to be safe i don't know how they get these released for road use.

#7 ·
Hi glad you are enjoying your nismo we have had our's for 8mth and still put's a smile on my face when you press the loud pedal,I have put hid's lights in our's and they are great,if you look at the spy shots for the face lift juke it has xenon and headlight washer.We have done 6000miles and it drive's better every day so get out and put some miles on it.

#8 ·
Thanks guys. Do need to look at the bulbs. Hopefully side/headlights are not to fiddly to change - I know they can be a nightmare on some cars !

#9 ·
There is a noticeable difference between normal and sport modes. Sport sharpens up the throttle response and makes it feel sharper. I fitted Osram Nightbreaker plus headlamp bulbs which sorted this problem but having had Xenon's on my last 3 cars it is not a complete answer and would have paid for Xenon on our Nismo.

#10 ·
Thanks gismo. The D mode now seems to making a difference. I couldn't really notice it first but now at nearly 300 mikes I can tell the difference. (Eco mode - yuk why bother on the nismo )

Night breaker unlimited bulbs ordered. Let's hope they fit just like the guide says

#11 ·
I bought mine in December with 2200 miles on the clock. It's now on 3450 and the difference in power and fuel economy is astonishing. The DIG-T engine is very tight out of the box. P.S. Eco mode is good in snow and ice. Even with 4WD, you're still subject to the laws of physics, and the throttle is very sensitive in Sport mode.

#13 ·
i think the general consensus is you dont need to run ultimate or v power. after filling the first couple of tanks with v power i am mixing in a bit of both v power and regular unleaded. I will probably lean towards v power as a nice car deserves nice fuel, however so far no difference on power or mpg but car still only has 1800 on the clock.
in my previous skoda vrs you could tell the differnece as the engine worked on a lsightly lower power output with regular unleaded.
hope this helps and enjoy the car

#15 ·
Hi had my Nismo CVT just coming up to 2 months 1350 on clock so put it in sport Saturday (yes been a good boy not over revved her nice and steady) didn't think there would be that much difference was I wrong everything feels tighter. Back to normal for the run to work good job too bad RTA West Bromwich in the week so been lots of blues and twos so have to behave. Off to the to the pot kiln Sunday Bridgnorth so can have fun on some nice country roads. God sound like a kid I'm 52 this year. Had a dolomite sprint first car,TR7 when I was 21, 1967 MGB roadster for 12 year I kept as a second (weekend) car till I got to 40. Lots of normal motors on the way, but this is the first car I've had that makes me won't to drive. Yes I know auto so can't really call it a drivers car but it's so much fun to drive. Just the run to and from work I'm looking forward to.
Is it me am I just that sad or have I rediscovered the fun in driving thanks to my NISMO

#18 ·
2,050 now on the clock and still very pleased. Love the car, still gets comments and looks and its settled down nicely. I would love the see the Nismo RS and would already say if its better than the Nismo and a deal could be done I would consider changing to the RS ! I would give the car 9 out of 10 so far and very pleased. All the negatives so far have been covered in other posts but just as a recap (because forums love negatives.... :0 )Incorrectly fitted by the factory parcel shelf - changed by dealer in 5 mins.Poor light bulbs - changed by me both sides and mains to osram bulbs.Fuel compustion on the 'urban' cycle not as good as expected. On medium to long runs its fine.Getting some interference in certain areas on some radio stations - will ask them to look at the aerial on the 6 month check up. Other than that, all good, roll on the next 2,000 miles.... Will report again briefly when i have had my free 6 month check up in mid august.

#19 ·
Hi bought my Nismo March 2014,my car history includes RS2000,drop snoot,Sunbeam Lotus,MK2,Astra Gsi Range Rover and last two cars Honda Civic Type R and Civic Type R FN.The Nismo is the most comfortable car I have owned,it gives me everything the Type R had and much better fuel consumtion.I am now retired and just love driving the car.I will have to have a look at the R when avavailable.I think I must be the oldest owner of a Nismo{68years young}

#20 ·
well done drummerman,i think you are the oldest nismo owner and keep enjoying your nismo, i'm not to far behind you(63) it's what keeps us young.

#26 ·
Nismo has just turned 6 months old. (where did those 6 months go) Going in tomorrow for free 6 month health check/oil top up - whcih was booked when I collected the car in February. Ill let you know how I get on and put up a couple of update lines on the car itself this weekend. Cheers
bullyboy2014-08-08 13:51:11

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.