Nissan Juke Forum banner

2 Year review

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Deks 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,Its a long while since I posted but I thought i would give potential owners and those new to the forum a bit of an update on my Juke experience 2 years on with a 1.6 petrol Acenta Sport and some recommendations annotated by *.1.Dealership Richard Saunders Nissan Kettering are OK. I have registered the paint issue on the front bumper and whilst i know their is a fix for this they have never contacted me to recall the car to rectify the fault. This makes me think a little that they are keen to sell but follow up care is not so important. Jo Simms the sales exec there is great even at launch sorted me a good discount.2.Bodywork. Their are a few areas the outside of the car is weak. The black sill trim scuffs easily especially if you have kids and bumper trim does not polish this out. The same trim near the rear wheel arches at the rear of the back doors gets pitted if you live in the country. The lower front doors can get stone chipped. * I would recommend and in future have mudguards.* The radiator is prone to stone chips as their is no mesh grill protecting it. After 2 years I have the odd stone chip but the bodywork is surprisingly resilient to car park dings. The rear bumper is prone to scratches when loading unloading *any bumper trim would help this*. I would not pick force red in future but white or silver. Force red looks great when clean but only when really clean. *Silver or white are easier to maintain with less effort and look great*. The under body silver heat reflective tray can work loose and causes a terrible vibration when at about 60 mph, I can only describe this as a fizzing sound. Tightening a few screw clips sorts this.Engine. I have never reset the ECON gauge since I bought the car new and two years on after 13500 miles mainly 12 mile country round trips the MPG average is 36.7. This is a country trip between my village and the nearest town. I had to put a litre of oil in at about 6000 miles. It is a noisy engine doing 3000 rpm to hit 70mph. It can lack grunt even in sport mode * I would probably have diesel next time*Interior. No squeaks or rattles but handbrake takes 10 clicks to come on! I will have sorted next service.I still cannot dial using steering wheel phone button using I phone 4s. The red interior is great but suffered scratches in the rear scuffed by kids. * I would protect centre console in rest with tape if I had a young family* Rear door opening sills liable to being scratched if you have young kids. * I have protected sills with a good quality adhesive tape.* The handbrake is too far over to the passenger side. Items in the boot move about no available anchorage. *buy a boot tidy* It is dark inside,poor interior lighting * we have an LED torch on the key ring.General. Do not be put off by small boot. We do a 2 week holiday to Corfu with 3 large cases for a family of 4 by taking out the moulded trays in the boot,this gives huge boot if a little noisy on the trip to the airport.*I would spend the extra £600 and go for premium spec and get sat nav and reversing camera* Daisy has a rather large ass and reversing would be easier with this option* *Take out optional 3 year service plane real value*Only today at a petrol station we were gawped at by a passer by. This is a great family car which is "different" my recommendation is buy one! but take note of my *!I am happy to answer any questionsKind RegardsPete

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice review Our Juke has done £21,500 miles since we got it last September. Red / Red 1.6 n/a Acenta Premium.We don't have kids so the interior looks as good today as when we drove it out of the dealer. There are some stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet (we had to get the front screen replaced because one hit so hard) but it's not any worse that other cars I've seen. I fitted the splash guards as soon as we got it and I'm pleased I did. I can't say how effective they are as we never had the car without them but the sills are all 100%Our handbrake was adjusted as part of the service and is now back to what you'd expect. It did get quite high during the first year.It drives very well and I can't notice any difference from new. I did change the oil between services (as I tend to do) so I can't say if that has any effect. Because I changed the oil there was no need to top up.I find the keys hit my knee when I'm driving but, to be honest, I only adjust the mirrors when I get in so the seat is in Sarah's position (too high!!) so that's probably my fault.Certainly the red looks a lot better clean. It's not terrible when dirty but you realise how much better it looks after a clean.We ended up with the Acenta Premium because we wanted the reverse camera and I'm pleased we did. It works really well at night too. Definitely worth the extra pennies IMHO.I drive it quite often (took it down to Cornwall last weekend because we needed to ferry people about and couldn't use the Zed) and it soaked up the journey. As said, another gear is really required if you are doing 'motorway' speeds and a bigger fuel tank or better economy would be handy as we needed to fill up on the way down. I hate stopping on journeys! Also, Sarah can't quite do a whole week to work and back without stopping for fuel. Highly annoying...Overall I still love it. I'd like more power (as ever and always, whatever I'm driving). I would really consider a DIG-T next time for the power and the 6th gear, and a bigger fuel tank. Other than that, brilliant

#6 ·
Paul you'd have to get the 4x4 auto if you want a bigger fuel tank as its the only one that has it.In respect of colour I find the red the best a little less crisp and shiny when dirty but looking great after a clean. I don't think the Silver or grey suit the juke but thats a personal thing and I still am not keen on the white even though the Nismo looks great in white.Also I wouldnt think the white looks to good after a week of winter grime.I do agree with the assessment made overall, colour s always going to be a personal choiceI have notice with mine the black trim has suffered and for this reason I may consider the mudflaps for the new one.

#7 ·
Ah yes, I keep falling into the trap of thinking the 2wd DIG-T has the bigger tank. I'd still get one of those though! I reckon with the extra gear at Sarah's motorway cruising speed it would be at least as economical as the 1.6 NA

#12 ·
Nice ReviewMy quick review DIGT Engine never fails to put a smile on my face, a wolf in sheep's clothing :)Paintwork Sucks!!! Even the wind and rains mars the paint :(Styling even with so many on the road now it still stands out :)Minor winges the foot pedals and floor mats worn out in less the 10K, not impressed there.

#13 ·
Rocks703 wrote:Nice ReviewMy quick review DIGT Engine never fails to put a smile on my face, a wolf in sheep's clothing :)Paintwork Sucks!!! Even the wind and rains mars the paint :(Styling even with so many on the road now it still stands out :)Minor winges the foot pedals and floor mats worn out in less the 10K, not impressed there.I agree about mats and pedals. I replaced my mats as they were worn and the second hand pedals I purchased off Ebay a while ago were well wron for such a short use item

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.