Stereo Code

In car questions, Stereo satnav, DVD's Camera's etc
EMMA52

Stereo Code

Post by EMMA52 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:55 am

Hi guys.
Recently had to have a new battery fitted so the stereo needs to be reset with the code. The problem I have is the code I have (engraved on a tag given to me when I bought the car) does not seem to be recognised. I enter it and the stereo says its incorrect.
Stereo asks for 4 numbers but there is 5 on the tag which starts with a 0 followed by 4 numbers. Am I correct in thinking that I ignore the 0 and enter the last 4 digits.
TIA

Bernie

Re: Stereo Code

Post by Bernie » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:54 am

Hi Emma, Welcome to the forum, the metal tag that you mention is the ignition key tag, the code for your radio is in your car handbook that you should have been given when you bought your car. Please let us know how you get on.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

EMMA52

Post by EMMA52 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Thanks for this Bernie. Looked in the Manual and it said that the Radio code is on a card given on initial purchase of the vehicle. Sadly I bought the car second hand and the card seems to have long disappeared.
Luckily I live near a Nissan dealer so will pop in there on Tuesday to see if they can help as the manual suggests to do this if card is lost. Hope they don't charge much!!

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi Emma, If you have no luck at the dealers try phoning Nissan customer services, you never know you could be lucky.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

Return to “Electronic systems”