Front camera...

In car questions, Stereo satnav, DVD's Camera's etc
Paul_S

Front camera...

Post by Paul_S » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:05 pm

MrHaynes wrote:Cheers Paul.Let me know if you want any money upfront !
No, you're fine. I've got everything else in stock from making 370Z reverse camera kits
Always in 'Sport' because life's too short

Paul_S

Front camera...

Post by Paul_S » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Well the switch kit arrived yesterday.It does the job but and will be fine for this application but I'm a little disappointed that I can't use it for some other projects because of 2 things:It only switches the video signal, the ground is constant for both inputs and the output whatever state it is inThe video ground is also shared with the switch activation groundLike I say, not the end of the world but anybody buying these should be aware just in case they assumed (like I did) that the inputs would be entirely isolated.

MrHaynes

Front camera...

Post by MrHaynes » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:55 pm

I also got my front camera the other day but have yet to test it.

One problem on arrival was that the camera was facing the wrong way (i.e. As in it would have had to have been fitted in the upper semi circle of the badge). I decided this would have been obstructive in view and wrote to the Chinese seller, who told me in broken English, is no problem, turn camera round. Well the unit is sealed, but with a bit of gentle prising, I managed to turn the unit round and re seal. Just need to test to check I have done no damage.

Would be handy for others (and me if this one breaks) if someone has a link to a badge camera someone has bought previously. Mine came from eBay and although shown correctly, was arrived wrong.

MattMrHaynes2015-10-24 14:56:46

Paul_S

Front camera...

Post by Paul_S » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:08 pm

I just checked and the ones I bought are no longer being sold by the eBay seller I got them from.The photo on their old listing looks like this:I'm not sure that helps though!

Paul_S

Front camera...

Post by Paul_S » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:21 pm

OK, so the rest of the kit arrived this morning so I'll just double check the wiring diagrams haven't been updated since I last looked. Sorry this is a slow burner, but I've been waylaid with requests for various 370Z kits and am working on a couple of different versions of GT-R reverse cameras too.

Guests

Front camera...

Post by Guests » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:56 am

Do the front and side camera get used for lane departure and blindspot systems? Just wondered before people mess with the tekna spec cars

Paul_S

Front camera...

Post by Paul_S » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:29 am

vexorg wrote:Do the front and side camera get used for lane departure and blindspot systems? Just wondered before people mess with the tekna spec cars
That's a valid point. I'm think the reverse camera checks for vehicles pulling out and overtaking, etc.I wouldn't bother using this on Jukes that already have all round cameras - no point really.

MrHaynes

Front camera...

Post by MrHaynes » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Great news Paul but no pressure from me, I'm at your mercy!

But I must check the camera I bought, I keep forgetting :-s

KennyBarroz

Front camera...

Post by KennyBarroz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:13 pm

I really would appreciate some kind of HOW-TO guide on this.this is just what i need for my Juke :)

Paul_S

Front camera...

Post by Paul_S » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 pm

MrHaynes wrote:Great news Paul but no pressure from me, I'm at your mercy!But I must check the camera I bought, I keep forgetting :-s
Oh my word, I've been extremely slack with this. I'd totally forgotten. Sorry.I am in the process of renewing the kits I make for the 350Z, 370Z, and GT-R so I've been a bit tied up!Are you still interested in a kit?

Return to “Electronic systems”