Nissan Juke Forum banner

Sat Nav sd card

25K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Max FN 
#1 ·
I have a juke tenka 2012. The current card is dated 2011 so not been upgraded since the car was new.
Has anyone upgraded to a 2017/2018 card and if so was it worth it ?
By worth it I mean how does the display compare to a stand alone sat nav ? ie: Is there as much information on the display as compared to a stand alone sat nav.
Is the display exactly the same as the older cards or does it differ in any way.
The cost of a new sd card is around £40 on various internet sites but the cost of a new sat nav with free map updates (UK only) is around £80 - £100
Hence the reason for asking the question.
Thanks

#8 ·
Nissan will charge you over £100 for a new card.
Look at the ratings for ebay sellers but make sure you get the correct card for your sat nav as there are different models.
some selling cards show pictures of the different sat navs in jukes.
If the card does not work you have 180 days to take out a dispute with ebay...pay by paypal.

#10 ·
Hi I've been pondering about getting a new sd card for a while so my son bought me one for my birthday (age is a secret) before my old one .
Asked me to drive onto a digitised road before mapping it didn't recognise where I lived .This one doe's tells me where I live ha updated straight
Away also went on a 60mile round trip to in-laws, and it recognised some changes in road layouts . Only had it four days but we'll chuffed. :D

www.latestsatnav.co.uk

#11 ·
not seen that website before - that's a fraction of the price of nissan oem

#12 ·
didn't realise that as part of the 3 year service plan on new Nissans, they give you the latest map available - only noticed this morning when my satnav guided me down a road near home that never used to exist on the satnav when I first got the car.

#14 ·
the road has been there for years, just not on the satnav - so it's still probably a couple of years out of date.

#16 ·
Hi newishcar. Depending on which connect you have it could top right of bottom right you will see a tiny slot if you see a card press it in and it should pop out if you don't you might not have a card . Don't worry they are cheap to buy see the previous threads on here :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.