Nissan Juke Forum banner

Look away if you don't like yellow cars!

28K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  rigamortice 
#1 ·
We picked Sarah's new Juke up today!

Paul_S2014-10-18 15:17:33

#5 ·
Well I've already started dressing the cars the same....!Mods so far:Yellow Juke logo mats:Front and rear splash guards:Nissan wind deflectors:Suspension strut caps (still not standard on the car!!!):Black Plastidip rear Juke logo and Nissan burger:Black JOG Juke logo brake light cover:Not bad for a few hours work. I didn't need to remove any wheels or jack up the car to do the splash guards this time around which helped....and that lovely new car smell as standard!!

#7 ·
You could be right!!The badges were really easy. If you search YouTube and watch them being done you'll see - it really is that simple!Here are few pics taken between coats:Honestly, you'll laugh when you peel the overspray away in one piece and the badge looks perfect on the car!!! I used a wooden tooth pick to get start the parts inside the Nissan badge then just peeled them off once I could get a hold.

#10 ·
Oh, the other thing I did was to reposition the rear wiper on it's spline. You can see from a pic above that when it was parked it was too high (higher than Sarah's old Juke and not properly sat over the heated element).It was a 5 min job that I couldn't be bothered to go back to the dealer over. I will be mentioning it though.

#14 ·
Thanks folks First impressions make me think I might leave the glossy black inserts in the bumpers. I was thinking about swapping them for yellow ones originally. We didn't go for the 18" black wheels because I'm not a fan of the coloured inserts and would have left them all black. So I'm starting to feel the same about the bumpers too.Still, it's not my call - it's Sarah's car. I do love it though!

#19 ·
evoke wrote:A real Tonka Toy look - nice and chunky. The yellow paintwork really shows of the bumps and bulges of the Juke perfectly. Love it! evoke's back. Like it So what next then Paul_S ... Some nice large Black ''Tonka'' Graphics for the sides?

#21 ·
Logunner wrote:Do you jetwash the car? If so, how dies the plasti dip hold up?Lovely couple of yellow perils....
Yes, I snow foam and jet wash them. The Plastidip is holding up well on the 370Z badge and that's been on for over a year. I wouldn't want to rub the badge hard when washing the car so I think using the jet wash is probably kinder.

#23 ·
Razorduff wrote:Noticed in your early pics you even got yellow stripes on the tyres. lol
Damn - I was going to post that - you beat me to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.