Nissan Juke Forum banner

1.6 CVT fuel economy

9K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  JH Foto 
#1 ·
Lets start off a bit of a "poll" to see how people are doing mpg wise with the 1.6 cvt modelMine today with 55 miles driven so far has turned in a mpg figure today of 45.6 mpg over 15 miles of mixed "A" roads with medium traffic from a cold start to our local retail park & back.Setting used was "Eco"Hoping to see an improvement as the engine "loosens" that will help with the hit that the winter months have on economyCheersDick.

#3 ·
Cub leader wrote:Wow hope I get that mpg when I eventually get my 1.6 cvt tekna in nightshade, due 6 weeks time.Nicole
Hi NicoleIt's certainly possible if you drive carefully & understand how the cvt box works, today's drive was an easy route but I am expecting to average around 40 mpg overall.Good luck.Dick.

#5 ·
Bit of an update on the CVT box................. with some thoughts on getting the best fuel economyGently does it on the throttle is the best way as the system cannot react that quickly to sudden rev changes. That's what manual gearboxes are for I've found on mine that if I get up to around 40 mph on a reasonably level road.... a quick lift off of the throttle then resume smoothly see's (on my car) the revs drop to around 1,000 & the car moves along around 40 mph with the economy meter hovering around 60 mpg.That's about as good as it gets, but it does look promising for me hitting my expectations of averaging 40 mpg in "normal" driving. This is in "Eco" mode, if you want to go faster/more lively go for "sport" & accept the fuel penaltyIt's looks like it's going to be a decent "cruiser" & that is more or less what we were hoping for Dick.

#7 ·
Lordharding wrote:Averageing 36.7 in 4800 miles in my Nismo 2wd manual Mostly short journeys so I'm surprised how good it is
That's good news Just done an 85 mile run this weekend , mpg was 45.9.........happy with that with a "new" (175 miles) motor.Speedo is within 2% (very slightly slow) so the displayed figures are close enough for me.Works out to 13 p per mile "extra urban" & 15.6 p per mile "urban" using the published economy figures terminology. These figures are very close to the published economy claims & will improve as the engine "loosens"I must admit this is better than I was expecting.... so well done Juke Dick.

#8 ·
The mpg plot thickens.............Trundled down to Tesco's tonight for Vodka & ice cream, it's a 2 & a bit mile run almost dead flat road with a short drop as you get into town.When i switched off in the car park mpg reading was 55.6 this was from a "cold" start as well, car had stood for over 24hrs.Keep getting nice little surprises from this car Using Shell "standard" at the momentDick.

#9 ·
Really hope I get that mpg when I pick my 1.6 cvt tekna in nightshade up in 5 weeks time! Seems like a lifetime!
My Clio had her first mot today & passed with flying colours just as well as she has just done 23k! In 3 years.

Am literally counting down the days until I get my Juke, my poor family & friends are already fed up with me talking about it.

Thank you for posting your mpg it's better than my 1.6 automatic Clio.

Sorry for waffling on

Nicole

#10 ·
Cub leader wrote:Really hope I get that mpg when I pick my 1.6 cvt tekna in nightshade up in 5 weeks time! Seems like a lifetime!My Clio had her first mot today & passed with flying colours just as well as she has just done 23k! In 3 years. Am literally counting down the days until I get my Juke, my poor family & friends are already fed up with me talking about it.Thank you for posting your mpg it's better than my 1.6 automatic Clio.Sorry for waffling onNicole
I'm pretty sure your Clio shares it's engine /transmission with the Nissan Note that has just been replaced.The 1.6 cvt in the Tekna is a step up from the engine/gearbox in your Clio so you should see some benefits mpg wise ( as long as you don't get all heavy footed on the accelerator pedal)Feel free to waffle any time you like on here Nicole....... Dick.

#11 ·
Ah thanks, I really can't wait (as you can tell)

I do like my Clio but really looking forward to high driving position & heated seats! Everything else I had in my Clio apart from the sport mode and excellent rear passenger lighting ( lucky don't have many passengers)

I really am looking forward to more mpg I won't be on sport mode all the time.

Nicole

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.