Nissan Juke Forum banner

Sport normal eco

10K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Guests 
#1 ·
Do they actually change the power output or economy or simply change the throttle response?I suspect it's only the throttle response making it easier to drive fast or economical. Flat out in all modes feels the same, driving economically get about the same result in all modes.

#3 ·
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Sport stiffens up the ride significantly and the car is much more responsive to drive.
It makes no difference at all to fuel economy except perhaps you tend towards "lead foot" much more...

It doesn't do anything to suspension. The Juke doesn't have active suspension. It's just alters throttle response and steering weight and the gear change in autos.

#5 ·
vexorg wrote: They may have done something like a bit more boost and fuel in sport mode, and less so in eco. Sounds like it's more of a gimmick than something you'd use on a day to day basis.

There is a slight difference in throttle response but yes, it's a gimmick.

#6 ·
Jismo wrote: vexorg wrote: They may have done something like a bit more boost and fuel in sport mode, and less so in eco. Sounds like it's more of a gimmick than something you'd use on a day to day basis.

There is a slight difference in throttle response but yes, it's a gimmick.

Gimmick ? No chance.
The steering change and throttle response make the sport mode fast driving much more exciting if you don't leave it on all the time, the difference seems huge.
In eco mode, there's a reduction in the air con (saving fuel slightly) but the big difference is how the car accelerates more gently when using cruise control, making a smoother and cheaper journey..

I love it !

Miff

#7 ·
I always say that Sport mode is how the car should be and the others just dull it down. Ours is never out of Sport as it feels like you're towing a caravan in Eco mode and normal is boring too.That said, although this is as yet untried, I think Eco mode might be useful in snow and mud as it reduces the throttle response and means you are less likely to get wheel spin when pulling away.

#8 ·
That's a good point - might try that if we get snow.

#11 ·
It's a gimmick. Why bother spending the probably millions they spend developing the Nismo/Nismo RS, tuning the engine, the chassis, the suspension, then give it an Eco and Normal mode?! Because it's a gimmick that people want. A novelty item.

#12 ·
Also, why have preset modes - why not have three programmable buttons each of which you can set your own level of throttle response, steering weight and aircon mode (which can be set to eco anyway, whichever button is used now).
I agree, that certainly on the Nismo, ECO makes no sense at all, and Normal is pushing it.actd2015-10-25 12:07:04

#14 ·
If the engine gives the same power out regardless of the mode then you won't see any fuel difference. It's only going to affect how much you push the accelerator.I can't tell any difference in performance between normal and sport. Floor it in either and the revs take the same time to climb. Sounds like the 10p eBay resistor that adds 20bhp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.