CVT / Xtronic

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Sunland

CVT / Xtronic

Post by Sunland » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Can anyone tell me if there are 2 types of Auto gearbox ? Reason for this is i have just ordered a Tekna with a Xtronic box, but when i got home ilooked online and saw a photo of the interior but this picture has the small gateway to select manual gearchange, but my car does not have this.

wrinkly47

Re: CVT / Xtronic

Post by wrinkly47 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:30 pm

I only know that manual selection is available on the RS Nismo, which has paddle selection of eight " gears". There is another box with seven " gears and I am guessing this may be on the pre Rs Nismo. Perhaps someone else can clarify the situation better than I.

Sunland

Post by Sunland » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:46 pm

[quote="wrinkly47"]I only know that manual selection is available on the RS Nismo, which has paddle selection of eight " gears". There is another box with seven " gears and I am guessing this may be on the pre Rs Nismo. Perhaps someone else can clarify the situation better than I.[/I

If you search for Juke interior pics there are quite a few showing this manual selection "cutout" but they are not Nismo's. i wonder if these are only fitted on early models?

M-J

Post by M-J » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:27 am

YES ... there is Two types of Auto Box.

The standard one which has been the subject of much debate and lambasting on here over it's frailty. [Have a search of the forum for more on this topic]

And the slightly better speck M-CVT Box with the 'manual option' as well as the Four Wheel Drive capability that you are no doubt referring too as having seen in the pictures?

When you spec'd your Tekna at the dealership did you go for the Top of the Range model which is the M-CVT model or the (slightly) cheaper one which I'm guessing is the case?

M-J
Ex - Gun Metal AWD Tekna 1.6 DIG-T M-CVT [now no more :D ]       

Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE Dynamic SVO MkII

Sunland

Post by Sunland » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:21 am

M-J wrote:YES ... there is Two types of Auto Box.

The standard one which has been the subject of much debate and lambasting on here over it's frailty. [Have a search of the forum for more on this topic]

And the slightly better speck M-CVT Box with the 'manual option' as well as the Four Wheel Drive capability that you are no doubt referring too as having seen in the pictures?

When you spec'd your Tekna at the dealership did you go for the Top of the Range model which is the M-CVT model or the (slightly) cheaper one which I'm guessing is the case?

M-J
The model i am getting (tomorrow) is the Tekna xtronic and has not got the "manual" shift gateway, i queried this with the salesman who said he had never seen that feature which i think is odd as there are tons of images with this feature shown, I am not bothered at all about not having this option but i am confused as to how there are 2 types.

M-J

Post by M-J » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 pm

Sunland wrote: The model i am getting (tomorrow) is the Tekna xtronic and has not got the "manual" shift gateway, i queried this with the salesman who said he had never seen that feature which i think is odd as there are tons of images with this feature shown, I am not bothered at all about not having this option but i am confused as to how there are 2 types.
Hi,

Without meeting your salesman I can honestly say ......... he's sounds a typical .... Salesman! ........... 'never seen this feature'? WTF!

It's their [Nissan's] ''Xtronic CVT-M8'' Gearbox on the AWD model of the Juke Tekna and the Nismo! Not wishing to sound rude, but perhaps suggest your Salesman goes back to Nissan Sales Training School as soon as he can ;)

Anyway why are you confused about there being two options on the auto? There are Two Auto Boxes as one is for Front Wheel Drive only models (I guess yours to be) and the second [with the Manual Shift Option] has an All Wheel Drive Additional feature (being the one you've seen in those pretty pictures) ... hence there being Two options. :D Sorted

Well good luck with your collection tomorrow, hope all goes well and your Salesman has actually ordered you a Juke [just kidding ;) ;) ;) ]. Let us know how it goes?

M-J
Ex - Gun Metal AWD Tekna 1.6 DIG-T M-CVT [now no more :D ]       

Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE Dynamic SVO MkII

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”