New Car Paint Quality?

All things clean
acrorat

New Car Paint Quality?

Post by acrorat » Tue May 07, 2013 10:16 am

They do their job. Given a lot of my driving is country roads, with flailing farm machinery slinging grit and plant debris everywhere, there is just one very small chip on the bonnet.
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

CDPDesign

New Car Paint Quality?

Post by CDPDesign » Wed May 08, 2013 3:39 pm

crag wrote:How good are the bonnet protectors? never thought they would actually do that much, and I do like the look of them on the Juke
At the moment I'm not sure as it's not arrived yet! However I'll let you know in a few days...Without one I've already gained 2 or 3 big chips in the bonnet and two decent size in the windscreen, so to me if it saves a few chips its worth it. (Besides I've got a genuine one coming for about £45! )
CDPDesign2013-05-08 15:40:14

CDPDesign

New Car Paint Quality?

Post by CDPDesign » Thu May 16, 2013 8:21 am

Well, the bonnet protector arrived yesterday, and duly fitted it last night. Not the simplest of fits, more fiddly than anything. I'm not 100% sure about the looks of it; I think it will make detailing tricky without removing it. However I wouldn't want to be taking it on and off as there is a little plastic 'grommet' that secures it in the middle that is very small and sooo fiddly to fit.... - I do think it is one of those things that will 'grow' on you....CTR- Is there a brand you cna recommend that is a balance of quality and price? I'm toying wit hthe idea of a coat of gtechniq. It certainly looks the part, and when the wife has the car it tends to get neglected, so it would be my 'insurance' against bird lime etc... (living on the coast is a nightmare; my navara the other day must have been dive bombed; it took about 20mins with the pressure washer to get the s&%te off it- literally 4 hours after a full detail too.... I'd have taken photos if I hadn't been that damn angry!!!!)
CDPDesign2013-05-16 08:21:53

ctrdetailing

New Car Paint Quality?

Post by ctrdetailing » Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 pm

i have the full gtechniq kit , well most of it c1 is a great coating and id highly recommend it , had it on my last qq for 18 months before i sold it , i just put c4 on the plastics of my new qq , love the stuff wolfs hardbody is also good

joe90

New Car Paint Quality?

Post by joe90 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:17 pm

How easy was it to get the delivery wax off,is it just a thin dull looking wax,they spray all over car when at factory,thanks

Return to “Detailing”