Recommend a good value wax.

All things clean
lauren

Post by lauren » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:25 am

Autoglym and meguiars are over hyped and over priced.

P.s Wax does not make your car shiny that it what polish is for. Wax is to protect.

I use the Chem guys 50/50 as above I have a friend that got it me for trade price of £20!

Harleys wax is very good and around £20.

Poor boys stuff is also very good and well priced. I don't know what colour your car is but get some poor boys polish (they do different ones for light/dark cars) and wax if you don't fancy the harleys one.

My car is black and I use poor boys black hole polish and then wax to protect.

jukeyjuke

Post by jukeyjuke » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:40 pm

It may have been around a while, but Collinte waxes are srill right up there in terms of value and performance.The 476s wax makes a great 'winter wax', where durability is crucial.Less than £20 a tin too,
2014 Red Juke N-tec Dci
www.exceldetailing.co.uk - Premium, affordable car care products

RussTheJuke83

Post by RussTheJuke83 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 pm

I've had a tin of Collinite 915 marque de elegance for a few years and I've hardly used any, put several coats on my old sport Clio 197 and on my Megane.Definitely last ages, at least 6 months, very hard wax, the tin is big too!! Works well in the winter to protect from salt, grit etc
'64 Nissan Juke Tekna Exterior+ in Storm White with Black exterior pack & white personalisation pack! The zebra!

John Boy

Post by John Boy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:25 am

I have just been using FinishKare FK1000P synthetic wax. Have to say it is excellent - £18 for a massive tin, a little goes a very long way. Easy to apply and buff off and appears to be very durable, I have only had on a month but per the reviews on Detailing World you should be able to get 3 to 4 months durability.You can also use it to seal your wheels and chrome such as your exhaust tip. Excellent stuff, can't recommended enough

B17BLG

Post by B17BLG » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

As above FK or Fusso wax which is great if your on a budget

PsichoSteve

Post by PsichoSteve » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Bit late but I've used DODO JUICE products for around the last 8 years and have nothing to say but praise about their products.
14reg Facelift 1.6 CVT Juke Tekna. Pear Black

Jonnyfireblade

Post by Jonnyfireblade » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Autosmart topaz is great no white marks on black trim

Miff_uk

Post by Miff_uk » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:17 pm

polishing ? wax ? what's that all about then ? Fenwick's Caravan cleaner and 'bobby dazzler' is all you need,Miff
Juke Tekna, metallic black, LED side and number plate lights, Ring Xenon headlight bulbs. DTS 'fuel economy' box

John Boy

Post by John Boy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:56 am

Looking good.

PsichoSteve

Post by PsichoSteve » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:13 am

I've been using Dodo Juice products since they were released & can't say a thing against them.I still use them now and in fact until I can find a comparable product that's as easy to use and gives the same if not better results that last at least as long and is cheaper then I'll be very loathe to stop.We bought the Juke in Sept 2015 & it was raining both times we went to see it when we got it home it was bright sunshine and the swirls and spider webs really showed up the Pear Black paintwork.So I booked it in to Detail my Car in Newbury.https://www.facebook.com/DetailingUK/?pnref=storyHad it machine polished (3 Stage) and finished in Dodo Juice Supernatural Infinity Nano Sealant the car hasn't been properly washed yet just rinsed with clean water and then dried with a microfibre cloth and it still beads really well and looks as good as the day we picked it up from DMC.Nissan Juke 1.6 CVT Tekna in Pearl Black.
14reg Facelift 1.6 CVT Juke Tekna. Pear Black

Return to “Detailing”