Nissan Juke Forum banner

Recommend a good value wax.

15K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  PsichoSteve 
#1 ·
Hi guys.

I'm after a good value wax for shining up my Nismo. I've always been a fan of Autoglym products, but the Autoglym High Def wax I seen today was £44.99!! I love a clean car as much as anyone but I'm not paying 45 quid for a cleaning product (and I'm a tight Scotsman ).

So, what's a good value alternative? I've never used a wax before so some tips would be good too.

Cheers.

#3 ·
Personally I like Meguires NXT Tech Wax 2.0 - really easy to apply and a breeze to buff off.
Leaves a glossy wet look.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/polish-wax/meguiars-nxt-generation-tech-car-wax-2-0-532ml

Edit:

Forgot to add clean and smooth paintwork is the key to getting a really good shine. Pick up a G3 clay mit and some G3 detailing spray from Halfrauds (don't forget they are doing a 3 for 2 so get a free treat at the same time ) and give your Juke the once over next time you wash the car and before waxing.

Your Juke will love you for it John Boy2014-07-17 08:29:37

#6 ·
every one as there favourite i personally would go with Meguiars NXT or the Ultimate range i have been using meg's for years when you could only get gold class. but don't forget to use the same car wash as in the ultimate it has wax in it as well which keeps the beading up.

#11 ·
Autoglym and meguiars are over hyped and over priced.

P.s Wax does not make your car shiny that it what polish is for. Wax is to protect.

I use the Chem guys 50/50 as above I have a friend that got it me for trade price of £20!

Harleys wax is very good and around £20.

Poor boys stuff is also very good and well priced. I don't know what colour your car is but get some poor boys polish (they do different ones for light/dark cars) and wax if you don't fancy the harleys one.

My car is black and I use poor boys black hole polish and then wax to protect.

#13 ·
I've had a tin of Collinite 915 marque de elegance for a few years and I've hardly used any, put several coats on my old sport Clio 197 and on my Megane.Definitely last ages, at least 6 months, very hard wax, the tin is big too!! Works well in the winter to protect from salt, grit etc

#14 ·
I have just been using FinishKare FK1000P synthetic wax. Have to say it is excellent - £18 for a massive tin, a little goes a very long way. Easy to apply and buff off and appears to be very durable, I have only had on a month but per the reviews on Detailing World you should be able to get 3 to 4 months durability.You can also use it to seal your wheels and chrome such as your exhaust tip. Excellent stuff, can't recommended enough

#20 ·
I've been using Dodo Juice products since they were released & can't say a thing against them.I still use them now and in fact until I can find a comparable product that's as easy to use and gives the same if not better results that last at least as long and is cheaper then I'll be very loathe to stop.We bought the Juke in Sept 2015 & it was raining both times we went to see it when we got it home it was bright sunshine and the swirls and spider webs really showed up the Pear Black paintwork.So I booked it in to Detail my Car in Newbury.https://www.facebook.com/DetailingUK/?pnref=storyHad it machine polished (3 Stage) and finished in Dodo Juice Supernatural Infinity Nano Sealant the car hasn't been properly washed yet just rinsed with clean water and then dried with a microfibre cloth and it still beads really well and looks as good as the day we picked it up from DMC.Nissan Juke 1.6 CVT Tekna in Pearl Black.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.