Cleaning a white car

All things clean
RussTheJuke83

Cleaning a white car

Post by RussTheJuke83 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Just wondering what everybody else does with their white cars in terms of cleaning.

I've just tried some new products and I am very happy with the results.

Start off with jet washing to get rid of any loose dirt.
Snow foam the car with IronX snow foam to lift any contaminants then rinse.

Wash vehicle with Chemicals Guys Citrus wash and gloss 3 times, once with wash mitt then a clay glove to get any tar and contaminants off then again wash mitt. This shampoo is highly recommended and leaves the surface very slick.

Spray Trix on alloys to lift off any tar and contaminants. You know it's working as it goes purple! Then use wheel brush to agitate the Trix. Then blast off whole car with jet wash

Dry vehicle.

If need be polish with Menzerna and a rotary polisher.

If not, Chemical Guys White Light. It gives a stunning finish to light coloured cars. Soooo easy to put and buff off. Can be done by hand or machine.

Then Chemical Guys Jet Seal. Again, lovely finish on top of the whitelight. Also apply this to wheels

Top off with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax on paint and wheels too.

On plastics/tyres I use Meguairs gold class tyre dressing as it works a treat on anything black plastic or rubber!

As u can see I like Chemical Guys products! They do some very good videos demonstrating their products on you tube.
'64 Nissan Juke Tekna Exterior+ in Storm White with Black exterior pack & white personalisation pack! The zebra!

Harbo

Cleaning a white car

Post by Harbo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi mate
Can I ask is it an all day affair

RussTheJuke83

Cleaning a white car

Post by RussTheJuke83 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Well some stages I don't do everytime. Don't always snow foam it. Also with all the glazes sealants and waxes on it. The finish can last up to a year so only necessary to wash with a wash mitt.

Might seem excessive to some people but I say it's worth it

All of it would be a 2 day job but only twice a year!
'64 Nissan Juke Tekna Exterior+ in Storm White with Black exterior pack & white personalisation pack! The zebra!

Harbo

Cleaning a white car

Post by Harbo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Cheers for the reply
Every time I wash my car it takes me 4 hours
I wash it and wax it twice a month if weather permitting
bugger the interior

BigJimmyBovine

Cleaning a white car

Post by BigJimmyBovine » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:17 pm

Don't have a white car but a fairly similar process for my black Juke,

Use Bilt Hamber Autofoam for snow foam, Dodo Juice Basics of Bling for the shampoo, never used a clay mitt only a bar but on my to do list. Usual decontamination products, Oblitarate, Iron X etc.

Use some Roberlo polishes I won with a DAS 6 for polishing and Wolfs Chemicals Nano Glaze by machine (6 months protection from a glaze by itself, not bad!). All finished off with Victoria Concours Wax for the last month or so and Soft99 Fusso for winter. Then it's Carlack glass sealant and Autofinesse Revive for trim. The Vics Wax really shows off the flake in the black paint.

Mrs has a silver car and that gets a fairly similar process when I can get near it, no machine polishing though and always finished with Soft99 Fusso because I never know when it'll get seen to again.

Cofnchtr

Cleaning a white car

Post by Cofnchtr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:15 pm

Hi,P1 Nano Polish, Gtechniq GWash, C2V3, QD all used for wash purposes.Have used their W6 Iron and Fallout remover, W7 Tar & Glue remover and have other products in the house that I haven't got round to using yet.
Cheers,Cofnchtr.

RussTheJuke83

Cleaning a white car

Post by RussTheJuke83 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 am

Harbo wrote: Cheers for the reply
Every time I wash my car it takes me 4 hours
I wash it and wax it twice a month if weather permitting
bugger the interior

You can actually over wash your car. With all the will in the world and using the softest and cleanest wash mitts, cloths etc you're still going to leave swirl marks.

Beginning of spring I will do full process then just give it a wash every 1-2 months and anything else that needs refreshing, then repeat process end of summer or whenever weather is going to turn.

I would recommend giving a clay glove a go. I tried clay bars in the past but I'm a bit clumsy and kept dropping them! You may leave the odd clay mark on the car but it comes back off easily enough.

I don't care much for interiors either!!

Return to “Detailing”