Nissan Juke Forum banner

Next Gen Juke Superlock fault

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  vexorg 
#1 ·
Hi,
New to the forum & to the Juke, just bought our first Juke after 3 Qashqai's, next Gen Juke looks a great car, boot not much smaller than current Juke.
Its an Ex demo, registered end of December, not much demoing going on, owne rdoen 500 miles in 3 months.
However, we'd only had the car a few days when we discovered an issue with the rear passsenger doors...they couldn't be opened from the inside!
Yes, we checked the kiddie locks & also the selective unlock was off, but no matter what we did they would not open from the inside. not very safe in an emergency...

I spoke to the dealer & they had it in the service department the next day, they couldn't open them either, but also they found the car could be opened via the rear passenger doors if the new "Super lock" (new feature only on RHD Jukes) was set! Not very secure then.
They contacted Nissan's area Technician & he was over within the hour (so they tell me), it perplexed him as well.
After some pulling off some panels to expose the wiring loom & opening up the a connector block on the wiring loom they found a bent pin on the part of the connector that controls the superlock mechanism to the rear passenger door, bent right over at 90 degrees!!
Long & short of it. that entire section fo the loom needs to be replaced, part on back order from Holland, so no clues when it will be sorted, been 2 weeks already, coudl be at least another 4 weeks...Nissan are meant to be supplying a Juke for us to use (instead of dealer courtsey car - Micra.

I thought I'd raise it on the forum as I couldn't find anything similar on any Juke forums, so wanted to alert others who may have experieneed the same issue & to flag it up for others; the sales guy who had the car for 3 months said he never had anyone in the back &as no test drives, it wasn't detected while he had it. to me this issue must have been there from build, not sure if it would be on the car assembly line or the loom suppliers/manufacturers...but the area technician is taking the damaged part back tom Sunderland for a full investigation (again so they tell me)

Hope this helps someone.
MontyB

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.