Nissan Juke Forum banner

Replacement Bulbs - Sidelights

35K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  acrorat 
#1 ·
If you're looking to replace your Juke sidelights - the ones on the top of the bonnet - this is the thread you need The manual has them as:Item Wattage (W) Bulb NoFront parking light* 5 WY5WIf searching for them, use 501 W5W Lots of different options here, but the main thing we tend to be looking for is a brighter light, and some people want something which matches whatever you have done with the headlights - although that is a hard thing to achieve see http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/replacement-bulbs-headlights_topic1574.html , and also http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/bulb-upgrade_topic658_page1.html)LED lights are popular, with CREE ones being very bright.http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/cree-led-lights_topic1287.htmlYour favorite online bulb retailer will have standard bulbs without doubt, but to get LED versions, you may need to resort to the likes of ebay.As a word of caution, check that the bulb is held in place securely when you fit it...HOW To guide now added

TTDegs2013-05-04 16:02:43

#3 ·
Yep to the w5w

Most people go to led versions, which do work well, but tend to be more blue white than the nightbreakers, and then the cycle starts

I've got a various selection of LEDs from over the years, but haven't got around to playing with them to find the best match yet

#5 ·
any one had any rubbish cree side lights fail quickly, i fit mine on saturday and one has gone already, at nearly a tenner for two of then, not cheap, messaged the seller on ebay and he will repalce if i send them back, which is fine, just a pain to have to mess about with, how long are they lasting for anyone ?

#10 ·
I've got LEDs in the Fog lights (rigged up as DRLs) and sidelights.

My DRLs cut out when the main beam is on, so I regularly drive with the two LED sets on. They are a very nice match on colour and nice and bright

When I have the main beam on with the night breakers and the LEDs in the sidelights, the night breaker colour is disappointing....
I think I recall others posting similar thoughts....

#12 ·
Hi Shonzyd,if they are legal or not is debatable normal cree's run between 1w to 5w.I sell 7w cree,and being front facing are only good for reversing that is my opinion. that is why i have the 7.5w plasma which is forward facing and with 360 illumination,and they are very bright.I have had a look at these 25w cree and one website can't make up his mine what he is selling one minute quoting 5w next 16w,watch the video across the top quotes 25w and by the side of it 11w and to be honest don't look any brighter than mine.so you are left with a dilemma,pay £17 bulb plus postage and take the risk of being acquainted with pc plod like we all do.I live in an area saturated with plain and stripy police cars.i have been followed i have even faced them but never been stopped with the bulbs i have fitted.would i put in 25w sidelight leds more than likely not,the juke sits high and if they are that bright as they state you would probably blind the on coming driver

#15 ·
Just replaced my headlights bulbs with osram night breaker unlimited and the side lights with osram cool blues in my Nismo.. They are a real nice combo and compliment each other nicely .. I'm not sure i actually like the look of the blue side light bulb when its not lit but on I love it . It's rated no higher than standard but appears much brighter due to whiteness . If I decide to try anything else it will be LED option .
Is it just my car, the side lights were extremely hard to twist n remove , got there in the end lol

#17 ·
Got a nice combination with the lights which I'm really happy withHeadlights: Osram Night Breakers UnlimitedSidelights: Put in by previous Owner No Ideahttp://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BCqh6rg/0/O/i-BCqh6rg.jpgLink for Full size photo Sidelight Bulb any ideas who it could be made by they have a blue tint to them so not Cree's
VIPER2622014-04-28 01:04:39

#18 ·
Hi, after reading numerous posts on LED's I bought a set from a guy on this site, sorry I can't remember the name. They were excellent but came with a recommendation that you may have use a drop of silicon to keep them in place. Well I tried that and other things but one or both flickered on occasions in my opinion due to the length. I then bought the ones on the right which are bright but not as much as the longer ones. These have proved ok, no flickering and bright.

#19 ·
IT SOUNDS VERY MUCH LIKE THESE WERE NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY you need to bend the wires out first make sure they are a tight fit switch your lights on to make sure they are working then put a dab of silicone either side over the back of the bulb and the holder before fitting it in to the holder.In life you always get the odd bulb which goes faulty. if you had sent me a pm i would have changed them no problem.which would have saved you the extra cost and i am 100% certain they are not as bright(which you state).out of the 100's i have sold i may of had 3 or 4 that have gone faulty.they have not just been fitted to jukes but to other vehicles as well.they have even been supplied to a customer in Canada with no problems.they have been that poplar i'm waiting for a new shipment (should be in next week)..IN fact i have the same shape bulb is in mine and they have been in at least 6 months or even longer and as in the pdf on the juke and nismo website.so i am very sorry for the problems you have encountered.Gadget2014-06-11 19:54:54

#22 ·
#25 ·
I'm a little late to the party on this one but I've only just re-regged with the forum, so bear with me. I've just added a set of Gadgets Plasmas to my Nismo and jeez are they bright! I'm still waiting for the silicone to go off at the moment so they are still resting in the engine bay. I had a slight flicker problem with one of them but after trading a few emails with Gadget and bending the wires outwards a few mm, as recommended, that seems to have solved the problem. Can't wait to test them on the road! Thanks to Gadget for the fast dispatch and speedy email replies. Cheers Mike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.