Nissan Juke Forum banner

3 weeks in - Good Bad & Ugly

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  wrinkly47 
#1 ·
Had the Juke Tekna x-tronic 3 weeks now and just thought i would share my initial thoughts/opinions.

The Good
1 Keyless Entry - Love it, not fumbling for keys and then just pushing a button to start.
2 Seats - Really comfortable.
3 Camera - Not only is the front and rear good but to have the option to look down the side of the car for instance when in a parking bay.
4 Driving Position - Like the feeling of being slightly high up.
5 D.Mode - Great flexibility driving wise.

The Bad
1 Thirsty - I know its only 3 weeks but my initial feelings are that the Juke is a thirsty car.
2 Hard ride - Feels a tad harder ride than i was expecting.
3 Heater controls- Way too complex and annoying ( i know i wont be saying this when i have got used to them}
4 Rear leg room - Not a big issue for me as its only me in the car i can but i can imagine a rear seat passenger being uncomfortable.
5 Touch screen - Trying to set this up is way too complicated (took me 2 weeks) and the end result is disappointing to say the least.

The Ugly
Are you kidding it's gorgeous i love it.

See less See more
#2 ·
You are not kidding about a juke being thirsty I've also had mine a short time and only come onto this site to find out what has gone wrong with mine the MPG is horrendous I have tried to post to ask for help. While driving I can watch the fuel gauge going down. Its the thirstiest car I've ever had

#3 ·
It's the x-tronic Box ... it's one of the worst auto boxes I've ever driven with (and I get to drive some hunking great beasts, all with auto transmissions) but it's all you get - especially if you want 4WD so I found it best not to worry about fuel and just get on and enjoy driving it?

And if your like me, you'll drive it like you just stole it :lol: ... and with a dirty big smile on my face :D

M-J

#4 ·
For balance, I get 60+mpg from my diesel Juke

#6 ·
Hi Sunland
Great presentation of your first impressions of your new Juke.
Whilst I could add a few likes of my own, basically I agree with all your points.
Fuel consumption seems to be causing some interest so permit me to add my experience on this topic.
I have the X - tronic RS and use the following basic settings most of the time:-
Air con permanently on auto.
Drive mode always sport using auto rather than paddle shifts.
Gearbox in 4WD torque vectoring.

I stick to speed limits but do like to feel the kick of the turbo on acceleration.
On local driving shopping etc cold start and low mileage with light traffic I achieve a regular 21mpg. Add a bit of rush hour traffic to this and it drops to 18mpg.(these are not one offs but weekly averages)

200 mile round trip on motorway with moderate traffic 70mph with cruise control I achieve 35mpg.

150 - 200 round trip on mainly country roads with no motorway and little dual carriageway driving - 36mpg.

The better half tends to be a little more reserved with the throttle than myself but only seems to improve consumption by 1mpg or so.

So what! we just love our Juke.

Continue to enjoy yours.

#8 ·
wrinkly47 said:
Hi Sunland
Great presentation of your first impressions of your new Juke.
Whilst I could add a few likes of my own, basically I agree with all your points.
Fuel consumption seems to be causing some interest so permit me to add my experience on this topic.
I have the X - tronic RS and use the following basic settings most of the time:-
Air con permanently on auto.
Drive mode always sport using auto rather than paddle shifts.
Gearbox in 4WD torque vectoring.

I stick to speed limits but do like to feel the kick of the turbo on acceleration.
On local driving shopping etc cold start and low mileage with light traffic I achieve a regular 21mpg. Add a bit of rush hour traffic to this and it drops to 18mpg.(these are not one offs but weekly averages)

200 mile round trip on motorway with moderate traffic 70mph with cruise control I achieve 35mpg.

150 - 200 round trip on mainly country roads with no motorway and little dual carriageway driving - 36mpg.

The better half tends to be a little more reserved with the throttle than myself but only seems to improve consumption by 1mpg or so.

So what! we just love our Juke.

Continue to enjoy yours.
Nail on head there Wrinkly local driving compared to a long run, thats a hell of a difference 18 low 36 high. Think i need to give it good run out to get an accurate reading. Just out of curiosity how do you check your MPG?

#9 ·
When I first got the car I checked the fuel consumption properly ie. fill tank to brim and reset odometer. At next refill record fuel needed to fill tank and take mileage. A simple calculation gives you true mpg. Repeat the operation for each fill up.

After doing this several times I found that the computer was accurate within plus or minus one mpg over the same refill period so the quoted figures are now taken from dash readout.

Personally I just love the x - tronic box but have to agree that, certainly in sport mode it turns up engine power and tends to hold high engine revs to give full acceleration on tap - not the best way to get good fuel economy. I am sure on my motor normal mode will give improved fuel consumption but why buy a racehorse to pull a farm cart?

Happy motoring!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.