Juke leaking water into spare tyre well - fixed

Got a problem, look here to see if its known or let others know of the issue
MaxLM

Juke leaking water into spare tyre well - fixed

Post by MaxLM » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:06 pm

I'm just putting this here as it's a problem that's been driving me mad.

After a lot of rain, I had more clean water in my spare tyre well. I don't usually carry passengers in the back but last week I did. There was mould on my back seat. On closer inspection the back kerbside seat (where the mould was) was completely soaked and so was the floor.

There was no water leaking from screen, no sunroof, not leaking from door seal etc.

Anyways, turns out it was the plug that goes around the lift arm for the boot door. The oval shaped thing on the left side (looks like those things you get at the bottom of a piggy bank) had come loose. When you close the boot, you notice that it's your only line of protection from water leaking in when it's raining. If it's loose or not sealed properly, you get water in your spare wheel well and the back.

Had a lot of rain since I fitted it back in and the problem has disappeared. Definitely worth a check if you're experiencing the same problem and scratching your head.

Bernie

Re: Juke leaking water into spare tyre well - fixed

Post by Bernie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Thanks Max,That is most helpful.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

MIKE45

Post by MIKE45 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 am

I am sure we will all be checking it now ;) .
Mike.

peterhu

Post by peterhu » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 am

Would you mind posting a photo of the part that you mentioned? Pardon for my ignorance, I could seem to locate what needs to be tightened.. Thanks so much!

Return to “Faults and Fixes”