Nissan Juke Forum banner

Air con fault, Aylesbury Nissan refusing to fix under warranty.

10K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  MandZ 
#1 ·
We've had our Juke for about a year. We're generally very pleased with it.

However, a while ago the air con stopped cooling the air. I mentioned this when I booked the car in for its first service. The service was today, Aylesbury Nissan have refused to fix the fault under warranty. They claim that there's no refrigerant left in the system.......although they've done a leak test which didn't show a leak. So where has the refrigerant gone? Remember this is a year old car, so it's not reasonable to expect that the refrigerant has somehow evaporated into thin air. Aylesbury Nissan suggest that there wasn't fluid in the car from new, and the supplying dealer should have checked it. This isn't true as the air con worked when we first had the car.

So we're left with a few choices, pay to have the system recharged, why would we, the same could happen again. Leave it with no air con, get rid of the car as planned and never touch another Nissan product again. Wait for customer services to give Aylesbury Nissan a massive kick up the arse and fix it as they should do.

The car has done 6500 miles, the climate control is always on 'auto' so they can't claim that the seals in the pump have dried out from lack of use.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok, customer care phoned this morning to get the full story from me, a while later they called back to say that they've told Aylesbury Nissan to fix it FOC. Then I had a call this afternoon from Alex Smith's office, they wanted a little more info and are phoning back next week to make sure the work has been done to my satisfaction. I've told them that I'm disappointed that the work wasn't done without me having to complain to customer care.

Let's see how it goes.

Bernie, thanks, I think we have a Friday afternoon car.

#5 ·
Good to see that Nissan Customer Services were acting properly, but sounds like it might be worth finding another dealer to service it if that's feasible.

#6 ·
actd said:
Good to see that Nissan Customer Services were acting properly, but sounds like it might be worth finding another dealer to service it if that's feasible.
The car is going in this Wednesday, it's the earliest they could fit it in (they have to fit the O2 sensor too), it's laughable, we're past the point when we really need the cooling side of the aircon. Anyway it certainly won't be going back to Aylesbury Nissan once the aircon is fixed and it's soured our ownership of the car so it'll be replaced a year earlier than planned and I won't ever touch another Nissan product again.

#7 ·
shame, as the Juke is a good car, but can't say I blame you. Might be worth letting Nissan Customer service know anyway so they can sort out the Aylesbury Dealership.

#8 ·
Nissan CS and the directors office are aware of the poor level of care provided by Aylesbury Nissan. I've also completed the questionnaire that Nissan UK sent me, sadly the questionnaire that Aylesbury Nissan sent is no longer available online.........it timed out because they took so long to fix the car. That about sums them up.

Anyway, as you say it's a good car for the money and I still enjoy driving it, if Nissan could sort out the dealers it would be a great car.

#10 ·
It gets worse, washed the car today and while I had the bonnet up I noticed that the 4 fixings at the top of the grill are all missing. I wonder what else the monkey of a 'mechanic' at Aylesbury Nissan had left over once he'd finished fixing the car? I've now lost the tiny bit of faith that I still had in them. I'll wait to see what the directors office suggests, but I'm seriously considering involving trading standards now.

#11 ·
Latest. Trading standards are going to investigate Aylesbury Nissans regassing procedures and record keeping. The car went to Ancaster Slough yesterday for a preliminary investigation, they noticed that Aylesbury Nissan hadn't put leak test dye in as instructed by Nissan UK. I'll let Nissan deal with that.

Ancaster will report back to Nissan and (as I understand it) get the car booked in for a full day.

#12 ·
MIKE45 said:
Hi
I am sure that this forum chat gets back to Nissan and by you telling us all about Aylesbury Nissan it will highlight this dealership.
Mike.
I don't know whether its still the case but in the past for certain I know that Nissan Head office read this forum and I expect other forums
When I was the administrator of the forum I was asked on a number of occasions to modify content or remove sensitive topics
this wasn't censoring BTW this revolved around modifications this forum was actively assisting Nissan in resolving issues
such as the bumper corners on early cars and the rattle caused to rear seat by weak latches.
I no longer have comms with anyone at Nissan so couldn't say how they work these days

#13 ·
Update: Ancaster Slough had the car for an hour today, put the dye in and found the leak in a matter of minutes, it's a failed o ring on a pipe behind the dash. So the dashboard is coming out next week.

Aylesbury Nissan are looking worse by the minute, calling them a bunch of incompetent idiots is being kind to them.

#14 ·
The car was fixed this week. As suspected by Ancaster, there was a damaged O ring on a pipe behind the dashboard. It has almost certainly been like this from new, which explains the poor aircon performance from when the car was a few months old. It also proves that this was a warranty job, despite Aylesbury Nissans claims to the contrary.

As an aside, the mpg on 1.2 Jukes is awful, using the loan Juke for exactly the same as our own car, it returned 34mpg, shocking, it's not like there's any performance in return.

#16 ·
As I understand it if you take a car into a garage that checks and tops up your air conditioning they then use a ultraviolet light to check all the seals and systems, if there is a leak it will show up under these conditions.
My concern about the AC in these cars is that it is more vulnerable to stones making a hole in the AC grill and coolant leaking out.
There are a number of posts on this forum where owners have added plastic mesh to the 3 holes in the front of the car.
If this turns out to be the fault you might wish to check these posts out.

#18 ·
vexorg said:
They will try pull a vacuum first and then leave it to see if it holds. If it does then they put the UV dye in the gas and see it leaks by checking for the glowing green
Or if you take it to the lying gits at Aylesbury Nissan, they'll tell you that they've done that, but they actually haven't. Beware.

#20 ·
Bernie said:
Hi MandZ, I hope you are happy with your air con, and please don't believe that all Nissan dealers are the same, as for your comments on the 1.2 petrol consumption yes they are horrid compared to the larger engined Jukes.
Oh I know that Aylesbury Nissan are particularly bad and should be avoided at all costs, they lie, deceive and generally provide a very poor service, Nissan UK are well aware of this. We now use Ancaster in Slough, I get the impression that Nissan UK use them to solve problems that lesser dealers have made a mess of. They've been very good, but it's a ball ache that they're a 40 minute drive away. So no more Nissans for us when this one goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.