Nissan Juke Forum banner

Purchased a Lemon :(

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  barrymarie 
#1 ·
Sooooo as you know someone wrote off my Juke :(
Bought a new one from Arnold Clarks and literally 2 days later I have the following issues. When I rev between 2000/2500 rpm and then let the revs drops there is a 'flap' type noise coming from somewhere in the engine, sounds like a lid dropping. It's also VERY lumpy almost surging if trying to keep a constant speed.
Also start/stop light is flashing green on the dash :(
Anyone had any of these issues? I feel they have sold me a right lemon :(
2015 1.2 Dig-T Petrol #Help
P.s Their service dept are calling me first thing tomorrow.

#3 ·
Mine was the same, needed a software update, local Nissan dealer said it didn't! It eventually stopped on a very busy main road,Nissan sent out RAC ( after 6hrs, another story) RAC man says there's a software update for this engine! Take car to Nissan who keep the car 4 days, then ring to say all is well. Go pick car up, young lady on reception says it was a software issue and no, no one is available from service department to talk to me! Result car is a different vehicle, smooth very quick and fuel into the high 30s. Well pleased, but why all the fuss to get it done? Come on Nissan!

#5 ·
barrymarie said:
Mine was the same, needed a software update, local Nissan dealer said it didn't! It eventually stopped on a very busy main road,Nissan sent out RAC ( after 6hrs, another story) RAC man says there's a software update for this engine! Take car to Nissan who keep the car 4 days, then ring to say all is well. Go pick car up, young lady on reception says it was a software issue and no, no one is available from service department to talk to me! Result car is a different vehicle, smooth very quick and fuel into the high 30s. Well pleased, but why all the fuss to get it done? Come on Nissan!
Hello,

do you know what did they upgrade?

thanks

#7 ·
How long ago was that? As apparently mine had a software update at 9,000 miles but i don't think they have done it right.

I have an independent engineer coming tomorrow so he can write a report and test the car. So fed up with all this Arnold Clark and Nissan are being useless. Nissan's ''Visual health check' showed nothing - not surprised with it being visual!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.