Nissan Juke Forum banner

Which Nissan Juke?

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  actd 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a Nissan Juke but unsure as to which to purchase, petrol or diesel? I do quite a lot of motorway driving and therefore first considered the diesel, however have read that the diesel s have a few common problems with CVT Transmissions and problems with DPF. I wonder if many of you have found the same issues with diesels or petrols?

Thanks

#2 ·
I've had both in the last 12 months
A petrol 1.2Digt and now a 1.5 dci tekna
The fuel consumption on the petrol was horrendous
Drove it like a vicar and still only got 27mpg, hated it so traded it for the Dci which I can thrash and get 43mpg around town no problem.
To keep the dpf clear I just wizz it down the motorway for 20+ miles at over 2500rpm
Love the Dci 😎

#4 ·
my friend as 1.6petrol auto,the cvt is giving problems.
i have a diesel manual 1.5 2012 45k .the mrs does not go far so i give it run now and again,never had a problem in 12 months.
i now have the icarsoft i903 scanner ,apart from reading obd codes it also shows me how many regens it has done ,when it last did one and how many grams of soot i have.which is 19.5 .the dpf on this one is under neath and easy to get to and change. the newer ones are behind the engine.
If your on the motorway abit you will be fine.

#12 ·
I've had a dCi, a 1.2 and 2 1.6 DiG-t - I got rid of the dCi after a DPF issue that cost me a fair bit, and the 1.2 was appalling for fuel consumption and was bad pulling away from rest if the aircon was running. Both 1.6 cars have been brilliant, and I get mid 30s mpg driving pretty quickly around country lanes, and can get 50mppg on the motorway on a good run.
Having said I got rid of the dCi, the DPF issues were because of my journey, which in hindsight was not suited to a diesel. I love my 1.6 DiG-t, but if I had lot of motorway driving, I would seriously consider the dCi again, my only concern being what the government might do regarding diesel cars in future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.