Nissan Juke Forum banner

Which Juke would you buy today?

14K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  The Nissan Man 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just joined the forum as need some help....currently have a Mazda 6 and decided next car is going to be a nearly new Juke Tekna (64 plate onwards) but confused as to which engine.

I do 13k-15k miles per year (mainly motorway) so the obvious answer would be DCI, however with the tougher diesel emissions MOT test and government trying to ban diesels I am thinking whether it would be better sticking to a petrol that would have some re-sale value in couple of years.

If you were in my position today, what would you do?

Thanks in advance.

JH

#2 ·
I have a Tekna 1.6 petrol 2012 plate.
I find it fairly noisy on the motorway and at 70 mph the engine feels it overworking though the rev counter shows it's within the range expected at that speed.
Would I buy it again ? Yes, petrol consumption is good and it's nice to drive.
My advice would be to get a test drive and include a short trip on the motorway.

#6 ·
Duncan22 said:
I have a Tekna 1.6 petrol 2012 plate.
I find it fairly noisy on the motorway and at 70 mph the engine feels it overworking though the rev counter shows it's within the range expected at that speed.
Would I buy it again ? Yes, petrol consumption is good and it's nice to drive.
My advice would be to get a test drive and include a short trip on the motorway.
What kind of mpg do you get with the petrol?

I visited my local Nissan earlier in the week and they only had the 1.2 to test drive (diesels were nowhere to be seen). I found the 1.2 comfortable to drive but could see it consuming significant fuel on my daily motorway commute.

#12 ·
I get around 40mpg for my juke 1.6 petrol which includes a fair bit of motorway driving.
I note the 1.2 juke is mention but I think that has a turbo which must affect the mpg, no doubt someone on the forum will have one and may wish to comment.
As for diesel, well not for me, I have had several diesel cars in the past (not nissan) and whilst excellent on mpg were costly to get repaired as anyone who has replaced the dual mass flywheel will know (The clutch plates and flywheel are a signal unit)

#13 ·
i always thought the clutch plate and pressure plate was seperate to the fly wheel.with it being a single or a duel.
And you did,nt necessarily need to change the flywheel,but not a wise move if you intend to keep the car
what i have come across is the slave cylinder being the first problem involving the clutch and they are only £50 but
what do you do while the box is off.And i think there are also petrol cars out there with dmf

#14 ·
Duncan22 said:
I get around 40mpg for my juke 1.6 petrol which includes a fair bit of motorway driving.
I note the 1.2 juke is mention but I think that has a turbo which must affect the mpg, no doubt someone on the forum will have one and may wish to comment.
As for diesel, well not for me, I have had several diesel cars in the past (not nissan) and whilst excellent on mpg were costly to get repaired as anyone who has replaced the dual mass flywheel will know (The clutch plates and flywheel are a signal unit)
Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the reply. I've never owned a diesel so not aware of how much they cost to maintain. Are the Juke diesels generally more expensive to service than the petrol counterparts?

#16 ·
@marrygold,
The flywheel and clutch plates are indeed seperate in most cases but I owned a ford focus diesel which had a dual mass flywheel and the clutch plates were not seperate, the clutch centre that changed the plates showed me the old one they removed and said it was one of the daftest design ideas they had seen but equally it was to their advantage as the cost of replacement cost a fortune.
I admit I have no knowledge of the clutch system on a diesel juke and it may well be they are seperate components.

#21 ·
If you are doing decent runs on the motorway, then dCi - chances are any significant increases in road tax won't be retrospective, so anything you buy now shouldn't increase too much. If you aren't doing the motorway runs, then I'd go for petrol. Personally, I have had the dCi, 1.2 and 1.6DiG-T - the diesel was excellent but DPF failure meant it wasn't suitable for me (doing about 12k mixed driving per year) and very expensive. The 1.6 is great fun and if I take it easy on the motorway, I can get close to 50mpg (but 35mpg blasting round country lanes).

#22 ·
actd said:
If you are doing decent runs on the motorway, then dCi - chances are any significant increases in road tax won't be retrospective, so anything you buy now shouldn't increase too much. If you aren't doing the motorway runs, then I'd go for petrol. Personally, I have had the dCi, 1.2 and 1.6DiG-T - the diesel was excellent but DPF failure meant it wasn't suitable for me (doing about 12k mixed driving per year) and very expensive. The 1.6 is great fun and if I take it easy on the motorway, I can get close to 50mpg (but 35mpg blasting round country lanes).
Hi actd,

Thanks for the advice. You must have missed by earlier post in the thread that I went for a dCi. Had the car for 2 months now and loving it - mpg is great and fun to drive. Plus the heated seats are a god send in this weather!

If I ever stop doing the motorway commute, I would definitely go for the 1.6.

#23 ·
Must admit I was quickly scanning posts and missed your latest. If I was doing motorway driving a lot, I would still go for the dCi - I had a 2012 model and it was great fun - acceleration in 3rd was very quick, and I imagine later models are even better. Love my 1.6 Dig-T but I think I'd still go for dCi for costs if my journeys allowed it.

#24 ·
Personally if it were me I would stick with petrol for the reasons which you have outlined yourself, but that answer is also taking into account the pain I have had in the past with selling certain cars.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy whichever car you decide to go ahead with.

Did you ever end up purchasing a Juke or is it still on the menu?

#25 ·
The Nissan Man said:
Personally if it were me I would stick with petrol for the reasons which you have outlined yourself, but that answer is also taking into account the pain I have had in the past with selling certain cars.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy whichever car you decide to go ahead with.

Did you ever end up purchasing a Juke or is it still on the menu?
Yes, I ended up with a diesel. It's great to drive and loving the mpg. The heated seats are a godsend in this weather!

I may find it harder to sell in future with the way things are currently going, but I've decided I'll worry about that in the future and for now enjoy this awesome car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.