Nissan Juke Forum banner

Which Juke would you buy today?

14K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  The Nissan Man 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just joined the forum as need some help....currently have a Mazda 6 and decided next car is going to be a nearly new Juke Tekna (64 plate onwards) but confused as to which engine.

I do 13k-15k miles per year (mainly motorway) so the obvious answer would be DCI, however with the tougher diesel emissions MOT test and government trying to ban diesels I am thinking whether it would be better sticking to a petrol that would have some re-sale value in couple of years.

If you were in my position today, what would you do?

Thanks in advance.

JH

#30 ·
Vexorg,

I am of the same opinion. I compare PCP/leasing to renting - it's dead money. You never actually own the thing you're paying for unless you buy the car outright at the end of the deal....which doesn't happen in 99% of cases. Most people either roll on to a new deal or walk away.

If people are comfortable with that then good luck to them. I just don't see the financial sense in it unless it is a ridiculously low interest-free offer.

JH

#31 ·
Also buy my cars outright.
These deals might sound good but in real terms how much do they really cost ?
How many 'extras' do they encourage you to buy ?
I purchased my car outright from a dealer and looking at the final invoice saw £ 99 had been added, when I asked what that was for the reply was 5 days insurance, HPI check and administration charges.

#32 ·
Revisiting this question from scratch, I've bought all 4 of my Jukes from new under PCP. Since my journeys are not suitable for diesel, looking at the Juke range now, it looks as though they no longer make the 1.6 DiG-T, so I think this will be my last Juke - I'll probably buy it outright when it's 3 years old (next year) and put an extended warranty on it and run it until it's no longer economical to do so. Hopefully that will be a few years yet, but seems they've really trimmed the range down.

#34 ·
jukehunter said:
The Nissan Man said:
Personally if it were me I would stick with petrol for the reasons which you have outlined yourself, but that answer is also taking into account the pain I have had in the past with selling certain cars.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy whichever car you decide to go ahead with.

Did you ever end up purchasing a Juke or is it still on the menu?
Yes, I ended up with a diesel. It's great to drive and loving the mpg. The heated seats are a godsend in this weather!

I may find it harder to sell in future with the way things are currently going, but I've decided I'll worry about that in the future and for now enjoy this awesome car.
Brilliant :) glad you are enjoying the car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.